Windows 10: Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password

Discus and support Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I accidentally changed my Microsoft account password when I changed my lock screen password on the computer. I did not know that the password used to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rahmat Ramadhan, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password

I accidentally changed my Microsoft account password when I changed my lock screen password on the computer. I did not know that the password used to unlock the computer lock screen was the password used on the Microsoft account. Even though I have no intention of changing my password. When I want to change my password to the old one, a warning appears that I can't change to the old one. Please help as soon as possible because I don't want to change my password. Hopefully clear, thank you.

:)

Rahmat Ramadhan, Sep 22, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 22, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password

Lost password on an Old Account, any way to merge accounts?

Site was pwnd not so long ago resulting in a general member password reset
    so unless you reset your password since then your old account password wont work.
    Try contacting one of the admins to see if they can help you out

dorsetknob, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password

1. Cannot Change Microsoft Account Password to Old Password - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Microsoft

2. Change password back to an old password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change password back to an old password: Hi thereI know how to change password.. but i have been asked too many times now to change my password, that i can't remember the new ones anymore, and want to go back to an old reliable passwordAny idea how to do that?Everytime i try it just says "You have used an old...
  3. Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.

Can't change windows password, mistakens for microsoft account password change.: My mom wants to change her password on her old windows computer, suddenly, when she tries through account> sign-in options> change password it just redirects her to her microsoft account, where she has to type her current password, and what the new password should be. I know...
  4. My old microsoft live account password

My old microsoft live account password: During the starting of my pc, it says your password is wrong when i entered my password,which i do remember. So, I tried to repair using startup repair , command prompt, system image recovery then it asks for my account password. I forgot my microsoft live account password so...
  5. Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?

Changing the microsoft account password doesn't change the windows login password?: Hi, Here is the case, I use RD Client all the time and accidentally I signed in using a someone else's computer yesterday and I strongly believe that I stored my credentials to connect to my computer. But today I wanted to change the account password so what I went...
  6. Can't change password on Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change password on Microsoft account: I have a complicated problem. Recently, Microsoft Ultimate Word Games stopped syncing with the cloud. It was suggested that I create a new profile, which I did. I also created a new Microsoft account keyed on a “gmail” address. (My usual one is keyed to a “Hotmail” address.)...
  7. old microsoft account still asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    old microsoft account still asking for password: I switched to a new Microsoft account over a year ago. I switched Outlook, Office, Skype, and of course the main Microsoft account. All seem to be using the new account and they all list the new account email. However, I daily get a popup stating there is a problem with the...
  8. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  9. Changing Password for Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Password for Microsoft account: I want to change my Microsoft account password and have been given a code to do so. However, when I go to sign in options in settings, I am repeatedly told something went wrong and to try again later. Later never comes, of course 74117
  10. Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changed Microsoft Account Password Does not Change PC Login Password: I have three Win 10 PC's (desktop, laptop, Surface) that all have the admin login account set up through a common Microsoft Hotmail account. I changed to a new password on my Hotmail account, but the old Hotmail password is still used for logins to my three PC's. How do I...