Windows 10: Cannot change my sign in password to pin

Discus and support Cannot change my sign in password to pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, please help me. I always signed in with a pin, but now I have to sign in with my password, and I cant change the sign in options to a pin. I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ReneeChandler, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Cannot change my sign in password to pin

Hi, please help me.

I always signed in with a pin, but now I have to sign in with my password, and I cant change the sign in options to a pin. I have tried the steps you say, but with no success at all and Im now totally fed up with trying to change to pin. Please help

:)

ReneeChandler, Jul 23, 2018

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Cannot change my sign in password to pin

Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change my sign in password to pin

1. Cannot change my sign in password to pin - Similar Threads - Cannot change sign

2. Cannot change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  3. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  4. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  5. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password. Cannot sign in with PIN: so when I shut down my laptop, I came back to it and tried to login with my pin. it says "your password has been changed on a different device. you must sign in to this device once your with your new password, and then you can sign in with your pin.To reset my password, i...
  7. Sign in Password, then pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in Password, then pin: Is this possible? > Computer booting from OFF not sleep, require full password. then, > Computer waking from sleep, require pin only. I don't want to use pin all the time because it seems like it's less secure having 4 digits to guess rather than an entire password....
  8. I cannot change my sign-in PIN

I cannot change my sign-in PIN: I was trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign-in option, there is no way I can change my PIN in the setting. My only option is to do it by forget my PIN. I don't want to lose any store or redo everything that connect with the PIN. Is there any other way for me to change...
  9. No Pin or Password Sign-In

No Pin or Password Sign-In: This is just one of many annoying features of Windows. Can someone...ANYONE tell me how to turn this **** off for once and for all? I am the only user and I don't need a password....
  10. Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password: Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the...