Windows 10: Cannot change or modify PIN in Windows 11/10 [Fixed]

Discus and support Cannot change or modify PIN in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]If you cannot change or modify your PIN in Windows 11/10. then this post offers working suggestions to help you resolve the issue. Windows has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 27, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Cannot change or modify PIN in Windows 11/10 [Fixed]

Cannot change or modify PIN in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] [​IMG]
    If you cannot change or modify your PIN in Windows 11/10. then this post offers working suggestions to help you resolve the issue. Windows has diversified its security features over the years and offers many options for signing in to your computer. One of the sign-in features is the Windows Hello PIN, with the help […]

This article Cannot change or modify PIN in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 27, 2022

2. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 27, 2022
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

In Win10, how do I change my opening entry name and pin number?

Hi Neil,

Your concern about account changes can be facilitated by the Control Panel options as well as the Settings section of your device. We'd recommend referring to the steps below to complete the changes:

Change account name

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Change account type.
    • Select the specified user account that you'd like to modify.
    • Click the Change the account name option.
    • Enter your desired new name for the account.
    • Click on the Change Name button to confirm the changes.

Change PIN

• Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Locate and click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on the Change button.
    • On the pop-up window, enter your old PIN along with the new ones.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot change or modify PIN in Windows 11/10 [Fixed] - Similar Threads - Cannot change modify

2. Windows 11 - Windows hello cannot change PIN or face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows hello cannot change PIN or face recognition: Before I go further, I tested windows Hello Face recognition and PIN on the same PC, on Win 10, and it's working with no issue. Lukely I kept an instance Windows 10, as it seems I will be giving up on Win 11 and all it's unfixable issues.My Win 11 build I crashed while trying...
  3. Windows 11 - Windows hello cannot change PIN or face recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows hello cannot change PIN or face recognition: Before I go further, I tested windows Hello Face recognition and PIN on the same PC, on Win 10, and it's working with no issue. Lukely I kept an instance Windows 10, as it seems I will be giving up on Win 11 and all it's unfixable issues.My Win 11 build I crashed while trying...
  4. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.: I have an account since a long time but when I want to log in on my second machine int the Microsoft Store need to enter my Pin. Whenever I do it it keeps telling me it is wrong. In order to buy my son on his machine a game I needed for some reason a secondary email which I...
  5. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.: I have an account since a long time but when I want to log in on my second machine int the Microsoft Store need to enter my Pin. Whenever I do it it keeps telling me it is wrong. In order to buy my son on his machine a game I needed for some reason a secondary email which I...
  6. Cannot Change Pin - Windows Hello PIN Recovery failed to change the user's PIN.

7. Cannot change my PIN

Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  8. Welcome Pin - cannot change it

Welcome Pin - cannot change it: Hello, I am trying to change my Welcome Pin but am not able to do so. I am told that this option is not currently available. When I click to learn more I am asked to log in with my MS account but it will then not recognise it as not a corporate account. This is a...
  9. Cannot change Windows 10 PIN

Cannot change Windows 10 PIN: I cannot change my Windows Hello PIN on Windows 10. In sign-in options in settings it says "This option is currently unavaible -- click to learn more" but it isn't giving me any precise info and in the top of the screen it says "Some of these settings are hidden or managed...
  10. Cannot change Windows PIN

Cannot change Windows PIN: Hi, I have seen other people on this forum with this issue too, however I have tried the solutions and they do not work. I have always used fingerprint login with PIN backup login. Recently I have decided I want to change my PIN number, however when I go to settings, I...