Windows 10: Cannot change pictures location

Discus and support Cannot change pictures location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to backup all my data to a hard drive and not onedrive, and the only problem that i cannot solve is this error: "Can't move the folder because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alecj0217, Oct 16, 2020.

1. alecj0217 Win User

Cannot change pictures location

I want to backup all my data to a hard drive and not onedrive, and the only problem that i cannot solve is this error: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied."

i tried this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2936105/operation-to-change-a-personal-folder-location-fails-in-windows

but it didnt work.

:)

alecj0217, Oct 16, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Cannot change pictures location [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 16, 2020
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Cannot change pictures location

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change pictures location

1. Cannot change pictures location - Similar Threads - Cannot change pictures

2. Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change my Pictures and Documents Saving Location: Hey,Recently I factory resetted my computer, and as soon as I got it resetted I uninstalled OneDrive, but now the thing is theres still a OneDrive folder in C:\Users\XXXXwhich is actively backing up my pictures and documents, when I click on the properties of the Pictures...
  3. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  4. cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change save location: i am trying to change my default save location to one drive, and when i try to change it in advanced storage settings, onedrive isn’t even an option. i can only save things to “Windows C:”...
  5. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  6. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  7. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  8. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  9. Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Quick Access and Libraries Pictures Location: I have moved everything from the Pictures folder in C:\Users\Owner to a Pictures folder on my E drive. I want to change the location on the Quick Access and This PC menus to the new location. I don't have to move any files or folders. Running Win 10 Pro up to date. 171504
  10. Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change location of Documents or Pictures folder: When I bring up the Document Properties window, and click on the Location tab, the window id missing the 3 buttons (Restore Default, Move, Find Target) that everyone else seems to have. And the path field is not editable. Any ideas? 155160