Windows 10: Cannot change PIN code on my computer?

Discus and support Cannot change PIN code on my computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey, I'd like to change my PIN code I have on my computer, but it's not as simple as going into Settings > Account > Sign-in options and changing the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bubbafina, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Bubbafina Win User

Cannot change PIN code on my computer?

Hey, I'd like to change my PIN code I have on my computer, but it's not as simple as going into Settings > Account > Sign-in options and changing the PIN. It shows itself as a "Windows Hello PIN". I am not able to change this, because "Sorry - this PIN isn't working for your organisation's resources. Tap or click here to fix it". Cannot change PIN code on my computer? 5a2f2e62-f073-46ab-b414-6f31ab6f793b?upload=true.png

If I do press there, it created a popup where it wants me to login to a Microsoft account; But mine doesn't work, since it doesn't work with personal

accounts, it says Cannot change PIN code on my computer? 0885afbb-0cbc-4b01-8165-e2f60b8f5bc0?upload=true.png

But I already have a working PIN code, that I doubt is a "Windows Hello" code.

I do not want a Windows Hello PIN-code. I just want to change the existing PIN-code I have.

All help sites I have seen has just told you to go under Settings > Account > Sign-in options ect, but that clearly does not work for me. Please help.

Thanks.

:)

Bubbafina, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

pin code sign in

Hi Theresa,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted file in your system. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern and provide an immediate resolution. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Are you using the administrator account to create a pin code?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by
    Dennis Mop from Microsoft
    on this
    thread
    on deleting the NGC folder using an administrator account and see if you'll be able to set up a pin afterwards.

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot change PIN code on my computer? - Similar Threads - Cannot change PIN

2. i forgot my pin and cannot change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i forgot my pin and cannot change it: i forgot my pin and cannot change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-and-cannot-change-it/b4cdea76-4a2b-4414-a6fb-2811ea46d4ba
  3. computer pin code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer pin code: I have a pin code set up, but computer is unlocking by just pressing the space bar.This problem started happening after I reset my computer.advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-pin-code/2c9d49b0-3dd6-4eed-995f-88066022f8ec
  4. computer pin code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer pin code: I have a pin code set up, but computer is unlocking by just pressing the space bar.This problem started happening after I reset my computer.advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-pin-code/2c9d49b0-3dd6-4eed-995f-88066022f8ec
  5. Cannot change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  6. Cannot change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change my PIN: I want to change my PIN but it tells me to set up Windows Hello, and prompts me to sign in. When I try to sign in, it tells me I can't use a home email, but to use a school email. How do I change my PIN....
  7. I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot receive the code to change my pin on my pc: My situtation is pretty much unique from what i have seen, so here it is: When i set my microsoft account up in the first place, i only had two emails, my automatic one generated on my iphone and my school one. I made my personal one the account email, and the school one the...
  8. I cannot change my sign-in PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot change my sign-in PIN: I was trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign-in option, there is no way I can change my PIN in the setting. My only option is to do it by forget my PIN. I don't want to lose any store or redo everything that connect with the PIN. Is there any other way for me to change...
  9. I cannot change my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot change my pin: I forgot my pin so I am trying to change it. but when I try to change it asks for my pin which then I press I "I forgot my pin". This then just tells me to go to the exact same place I am right now to change my pin. This is what I'm getting: Change pin > Click "I forgot...
  10. Cannot change my sign in password to pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot change my sign in password to pin: Hi, please help me. I always signed in with a pin, but now I have to sign in with my password, and I cant change the sign in options to a pin. I have tried the steps you say, but with no success at all and Im now totally fed up with trying to change to pin. Please help...