Windows 10: Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi)

Discus and support Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to change the Proxy Settings for my WiFi, in both Settings App and Internet Options (The Ok button does not respond in Internet Options,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kasingh74, Mar 20, 2019.

1. kasingh74 Win User

Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi)

I am unable to change the Proxy Settings for my WiFi, in both Settings App and Internet Options

(The Ok button does not respond in Internet Options, In the Settings app the enable proxy option gets disabled again).

When I run the network troubleshooter, I get the following message:-

"Windows Could not Automatically Detect Network’s Proxy Settings"

I have tried all the methods given in the below article:-

https://windowsreport.com/windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings/

Please help!!!

I am unable to use the Microsoft Store which again and again shows Error 0x80073CF9, rest all works fine.

Thank you

:)

kasingh74, Mar 20, 2019

2. proxy settings..

Hi,

Issues with the proxy settings are usually caused by broken system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the registry? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the changes that you made.
    • To avoid redundancy, what are the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a test user profile. Check if you will have the same issue with proxy settings. This is for us to verify if the issue is isolated with one user profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana search, type Settings and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Choose Add someone else to this PC.
    • Click I don't have this person's sign-in information.
    • Click Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    • Name the user as TEST and then provide a password.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 20, 2019
  3. proxy settings

Hi Mike,

To set up a proxy server in Windows 10, you may follow the following steps.

• Press the Windows key and I to open
      Settings
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Proxy you can either Automatically set up a proxy or
      Manual set up a proxy server.

Let us know if this answers your question.

Gerald Vit, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

My proxy settings keep being changed

Hi Rob,

A proxy server works like a secondary hub that offers a computer network service to allow clients to make indirect network connections to other network services. To resolve your concern regarding proxy server, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which Windows version and built is your device running? Type winver on the search bar and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to the concern?

In the meantime, you may click this link and follow the steps in resetting your Internet
    Explorer proxy settings.

You may also set up a proxy using Edge. You may check the steps provided below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the three dotted lines in the top-right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.
    • Choose Open proxy settings.
    • Click the switch beneath Use a proxy server to turn it on.
    • Select the Address field.
    • Type the IP address of the proxy server you're using.
    • Click the Port field.
    • Type the port number.
    • Click Save.

Get back to us with the result.

Joan Pin, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi) - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Proxy

2. How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to set network Proxy settings per WIFI connection?: Windows 10 version 2004+ Is there any way to set Proxy settings for specific wifi or lan connections, so that when switching networks one does not have to manually go and change the proxy settings? this is very easily accomplished on android. I often switch networks at work...
  3. Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy Settings: I was having an issue with Windows Network Diagnostics such as 'Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings' so I tried going on different solutions none of worked so I tried the windows 10 version and clicking the button to turn on the Automatic...
  4. Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change

Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change: Hi I am running Windows 10 and I keep losing internet connection and when I run troubleshooter I get error message 'Windows cannot automatically detect proxy settings', I then open network & connections select proxy and see that 'automatically detect settings' is turned...
  5. Internet Proxy settings won't change

Internet Proxy settings won't change: Hello, I am using the company laptop. We are using company ID and password to login everyday. Recently few weeks ago, I have trouble connecting to our local company Wifi every morning when I opened my laptop. After login, it says I don't have internet connections whereas...
  6. Cannot configure proxy settings

Cannot configure proxy settings: Hello, I can't make changes to the proxy settings. I've searched for the problem and haven't come across any solutions. Here is the problem I'm facing: 1. Automatic proxy setup window, no changes. [ATTACH] 2. Turn on Use Setup Script and paste the proxy address,...
  7. Proxy Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy Settings: I have a proxy setting that wont go away the HTTP is 127.0.0.1 the port is 13101 and its Exceptions is <-loopback> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/proxy-settings/983a9d2c-9f67-49e4-ba4c-6b2d19f65c61
  8. proxy setting changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    proxy setting changes: I will be on the internet via my personal wifi when suddenly the computer stops and the error message arises that my proxy settings have changed. I am not on a LAN. This occurs with both IE and Google broswers. This is the most recent Google browser error message: No...
  9. Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings

Windows cannot detect Proxy Settings: I have had this problem and it been ongoing and truly problematic. I attended programming college and this problem will turn your download speed from 300kb/sec to 30kb/sec and you will wonder what is going on. I have troubleshooted this for months and this seems to be the...
  10. 'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto

'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto: Hello, i've looked around and am unsure how to solve this or what direction to further go in.. at least daily, and the time it happens is random, my browsers will not connect to the internet and it tells me it cannot connect because of proxy settings.. in the image below...