Windows 10: Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable

Discus and support Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So if you are wondering about my past issues, I got them patched up, but I wanted to turn win defender off for sometime, but this happened. 140410 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BIGGEST CHUNGUS, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable

Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable [​IMG]

So if you are wondering about my past issues, I got them patched up, but I wanted to turn win defender off for sometime, but this happened.

:)

BIGGEST CHUNGUS, Sep 12, 2019

2. Faded text on start screen and apps.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting back with the details.

I suggest that you launch the ClearType text tuner and adjust the display.

To run this command please refer the following TechNet article and follow the suggestions.

• To get to the ClearType take an entry to the
      Control Panel and select the Display option.
    • On the right pane of the Display window click on
      Adjust ClearType Text link.
    • A ClearType Text Tuner window will appear on your screen. Select the
      checkbox Turn on ClearType and click
      Next button to go to the next step
    • After turning on the ClearType
      Text Tuner, you will see five windows exhibiting the samples of the text that you wish to set.
    • So click Next on the following five sample windows by selecting your required text type.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 12, 2019
  3. ainekav Win User
    Display settings changed to enhance performance - crude basic text

Hi there

New to this and clueless so sorry in advance! I have a Sony Vaio laptop running windows 10, about 5 years old. It started to lag a lot so I looked up some ways to enhance performance. Read a few articles online and followed a few steps to speed up my laptop. I cleared out a lot of unnecessary programs and changed some display settings. This all resulted in better performance, but the text on my screen to be reset to crude, basic text. (screenshot attached) I now have a suspicion that this is bad for my eyes and I'm about to start an online course, so I want to change the settings back. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what I did.
    Here's what my screen looks like

Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable [​IMG]

I know that I definitely unchecked this: Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
    (read it in an article and followed the steps exactly) and manually calculated paging file size for all drives. Would this have anything to do with my text problem?

Any suggestions of what happened and how to fix it would be great.
    I'm also wondering if I change the settings back, if my laptop will return to it's previous slow speed, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

ainekav, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable

Microsoft Store Fading

Hi Angela,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you are facing. Before I suggest you some troubleshooting steps and confuse you more, can you share what exactly happens with the Windows Store?

• What do you mean by fades away? Does it crash?

• Are you not able to sign in to Windows Store? What error message do you get?
    Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable

1. Cannot change settings, all text faded and unclickable - Similar Threads - Cannot change settings

2. Text is faded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text is faded.: In all MS Office 2019 apps Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint the text appears faded out - see attached image. Running Windows 10 on Lenovo ThinkPad. Tried many options - none works to restore font to non-faded state. Problem has occurred before then it cleared up; i.e., fonts...
  3. Text is faded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text is faded.: In all MS Office 2019 apps Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint the text appears faded out - see attached image. Running Windows 10 on Lenovo ThinkPad. Tried many options - none works to restore font to non-faded state. Problem has occurred before then it cleared up; i.e., fonts...
  4. Text is faded.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All text in settings are disorganized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All text in settings are disorganized: I set my windows display language to norweigian several days ago, and today I updated windows yesterday, windows version 22621.1635 all texts in settings are disorganized and I have no idea on how to change the settings. And I cannot change the language back since when the...
  6. All text in settings are disorganized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All text in settings are disorganized: I set my windows display language to norweigian several days ago, and today I updated windows yesterday, windows version 22621.1635 all texts in settings are disorganized and I have no idea on how to change the settings. And I cannot change the language back since when the...
  7. blurry, faded texts

blurry, faded texts: hello, I have faded,fading, blurry fonts, texts everywhere where there is text, including online. Please help, should I just uninstall my windows? and install a new one? I mean this is everywhere. I had this problem before and I had to factory reset my computer to fix the...
  8. Unable to change all settings text to English

Unable to change all settings text to English: A repair place reinstalled Windows 10 Home to version Version 20H2. They stupidly chose German as the language! In settings, I went to the equivalent of "Time & language" clicked Region & language, under Languages, clicked Add a language. I choose US English, etc. I...
  9. Some text in Settings changing

Some text in Settings changing: Hello! I suddenly noticed after turning on my computer that this happened. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How did it turn into this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-text-in-settings-changing/5d7dc74f-53e1-4251-aa92-4b4413102cc5
  10. Faded Text in Windows 10

Faded Text in Windows 10: A couple times a month Windows 10 fades all the text in every application to the point where it is unreadable. After looking on Win10 forums, I found the Clear Text function, and that helps to a point - the text is still terrible, but at least readable. I'll usually reboot a...