Windows 10: Cannot change settings for Internet Time server on Win10 PC

Discus and support Cannot change settings for Internet Time server on Win10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home version 1803 OS Build 17134.590 I do have admin rights on my Win 10 PC but get "Unable to continue - You do not have permission to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gvaricool, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Gvaricool Win User

Cannot change settings for Internet Time server on Win10 PC

Windows 10 Home version 1803 OS Build 17134.590

I do have admin rights on my Win 10 PC but get "Unable to continue - You do not have permission to perform this task" when I click on Change settings in Date and Time --> Internet Time

I have tried using Administrator account, local admin account and Microsoft account but to no use

:)

Gvaricool, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Astrogoth Win User

My Win10 Ent' time server was mis-set after install.

Is your internet time off? Are you running Win10 E? Try changing to the second server on the list. It works!

Astrogoth, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Time keeps randomly changing (time zone settings are correct, not BIOS related)

Hi Erik,

If your system time keeps changing, you may need to synchronize your PC's clock with an Internet Time Server. This can help ensure that your PC's time is accurate. Please note that you need to connect to the internet at least once a week to for the synchronization
    to occur.

If your PC is on a domain, you can't synchronize your clock with an Internet time server. Your clock will automatically synchronize with the domain controller instead.

You can follow these steps to integrate you PC's clock with an Internet Time Server:

• Open the Control Panel in small icons view.
    • Click on the Date and Time icon.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab.
    • Click on the Change settings button.
    • Click Yes if prompted by User Account Control.
    • Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server box and select a time server from the drop down.
    • Click on Update now.
    • When the clock is successfully synchronized, click on OK.
    • Click on OK.
    Note: If you PC's time or date is set incorrectly by too much, it can cause an error when trying to synchronize your clock. If an error occurred (Step 8), then click on
    Update now again.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Mar 16, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows fails to synchronize with internet time - it times out

Hi,

You might have a different Date and Time configuration that's why your Windows fails to synchronize with
    Internet Time. To have this checked, try to change the server in your Internet Time Settings by following the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Date and Time.
    • Click on the Internet Time tab: then, click on Change settings.
    • Try to change or choose the Server, tick on the Update now, and click on
      OK.

Let us know the results after following the resolution provided.

John Sarc, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot change settings for Internet Time server on Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Cannot change settings

2. Internet settings changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet settings changed: I ran a program called zemana antilogger and it found settings changed without my knoledge and i wondering on how to fix it plz help cause when i run the program again it comes up again i am on Windows 10 183001
  3. Win10 Screen Time changes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Screen Time changes: Hi. My child pc screen time ended at home. I granted another 1 hour screen time from my workplace via my hp browser login. Does my child need to Restart/reboot pc for screen time added? Or just Sign out and Sign in again? My concern if need to reboot/restart pc, it seems...
  4. Synchronizing internet time servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Synchronizing internet time servers: Hello, I am trying to sync computers to the internet time server time.nist.gov. I have created a script where a registry key has been updated to point to the proper server and it works but the time does not automatically synchronize to it. Is there a way to automate this...
  5. Can not change the internet time server

Can not change the internet time server: Dear all, I have checked many sources including MS official pages. They claim that the list of time servers can be modified by entering a new time server e.g. ntp11.admin.ch in the field of the dialogueDate and Time > Internet Time > Change settings… When entering any...
  6. How To Fix Cannot set automatic clock on Windows Server 2016 standard and no internet time...

How To Fix Cannot set automatic clock on Windows Server 2016 standard and no internet time...: [ATTACH][ATTACH] What is the solution can not set the automatic clock on Windows Server 2016 standard, when click set automatically can not, and the internet time setting does not exist in the clock settings, how the solution displays...
  7. Cannot change internet time settings

Cannot change internet time settings: I am using a surface pro 6 and am unable to change the internet time settings so that my date and time do not synchronize with time.microsoft (Though I am able to change the date, time and timezone.) I have been able to do this since I got the surface pro in June until...
  8. internet keeps on changing servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet keeps on changing servers: yesterday my power went out for a second, and it messed up the modem I had to reset it, but then that seemed to mess up the router, I tried setting the modem again but that didn't work, so I just used ethernet directly from the modem for the day, the internet did seem a...
  9. Change Internet Time Server in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Internet Time Server in Windows: How to: Change Internet Time Server in Windows How to Change Internet Time Server in Windows Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time zone[/b]. You can synchronize your PC's clock with...
  10. My Win10 Ent' time server was mis-set after install.

in Windows 10 Support
    My Win10 Ent' time server was mis-set after install.: Is your internet time off? Are you running Win10 E? Try changing to the second server on the list. It works! 2454

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet time settings cannot change