Windows 10: CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS - No response when options clicked

Discus and support CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS - No response when options clicked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Look basically I have trawled through various forums looking for a solution and cannot find one. PROBLEM: 1. Initially I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matty Lees, Nov 24, 2015.

1. CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS - No response when options clicked

Hi everyone,

Look basically I have trawled through various forums looking for a solution and cannot find one.

PROBLEM:

1. Initially I couldn't open photos on Laptop after I installed Windows 10 3 days ago.

2. Told in Account Settings to Verify account, Clicked on Verify and no response every time.

3. Changed to User account and now cannot change back to Administrator Account.

4. Nothing in my settings will respond when clicked.

Tried troubleshooting links and all sorts though to no avail.

All help appreciated.

Kind Regards

:)

Matty Lees, Nov 24, 2015
  2. swansojb Win User

RSS Feeds keep changing to unread

I was on W7 IE11 when RSS feeds keep changing to unread in Outlook 2007 after reading them and changing them to read. Now on Windows 10 and problem continues. I did click on an option about this when setting up the feed, but cannot change the option.

Anyone any idea about how to reset the option?

swansojb, Nov 24, 2015
  3. How do I change the print scale

Hello Sayan

Thank you for your response. When I click on the file either from the emaik it was sent in or the saved version it opens as a webpage. I have checked everywhere I can think of to find somewhere to change the scale but I cannot see how I can change it. When
    I click on print there used to be the option on a previous version of Windows to change the scale to 100% etc but that option is not available now. I have never been able to change the scale whilst using windows 10 only previous versions.

Many thanks

Jennie

jennieglaze, Nov 24, 2015
  4. mrgeek Win User

CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS - No response when options clicked

2. Told in Account Settings to Verify account, Clicked on Verify and no response every time.

You are asked to Verify Acct if you did the Upgrade and were not hooked up to interent at time of first sign-in. Didn't this Verification ask you to enter an alternate email address to which MS would send you a security code to enter ? This happened on another PC I set up for someone else. We could not get back to Admin acct because User was last signer on, so only log on option. We had to do a System Restore by hitting F11 immediately and repeatedly after turning power on (HP laptop) and getting to Advanced Troubleshooting screen.

mrgeek, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS - No response when options clicked

1. CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS - No response when options clicked - Similar Threads - CANNOT CHANGE SETTINGS

2. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  3. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...: Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option immediately close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-option-not-open-when-click-update/6d7fb3fb-12f5-44d8-93cf-ec1a9a0fe500
  4. Windows update option not open, when click update and security option , setting option...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I go into settings there is no option to change brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I go into settings there is no option to change brightness: When I go into settings and display the brightness option doesn’t appear and I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve tried shortcuts but no luck either. I have just set up my new gaming pc and the screen is so bright on the desktop. Games are fine but browsing word documents,...
  6. Settings option missing when I right click OneDrive icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings option missing when I right click OneDrive icon: Settings option missing when I right click OneDrive icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-option-missing-when-i-right-click/e61eff04-a7e4-4c12-9c49-5c5e8769f070
  7. Can't change the save location of Win 10 store, and no response when clicking "Install"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't change the save location of Win 10 store, and no response when clicking "Install": [ATTACH] So I had this problem that I can't change the download location of Windows store, when I select the other drive and click Save it just shows this error message. No response when clicking the "Install" for apps as well. Tried MSreset and even re-installed Win 10,...
  8. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!: When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ![ATTACH]...
  9. no response for mouse clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no response for mouse clicking: after install the new system. everything are not response for mouse clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-response-for-mouse-clicking/bae4c39b-bfbf-472f-9856-ef8ed712a697
  10. Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:"

Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:": Just upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10. I want to change the Settings for Classic Start Menu 4.2.1. I right click on the Start button, open Settings. Pop is on the Controls tab. I want to change the default for "Left Click opens" from Classic Start menu to the Windows 10 Start...