Windows 10: Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties"

Discus and support Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the sole admin user on this stand-alone PC. I want to change security settings on local intranet under "Internet Properties". I cannot do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kireta, Mar 11, 2020.

1. kireta Win User

Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties"

I am the sole admin user on this stand-alone PC.

I want to change security settings on local intranet under "Internet Properties". I cannot do so because "Some settings are managed by your system administrator"

Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties" f23db0d1-4371-47d0-8257-9036af558433?upload=true.jpg

I can't find a solution to this issue....as the sole user on the personal copy of Win 10, I should be able to change settings here.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thx

:)

kireta, Mar 11, 2020

2. Shutterfly says the program is now incompatible with Internet Explorer 11

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to add the link in the trusted websites in the Internet explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Navigate to the website that you want to add to a specific security zone.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click a security zone (Local intranet,Trusted sites, or
      Restricted sites).
    • Click Sites.
    • If you clicked Local intranet in step 4, click Advanced.
    • The website should be shown in the Add this website to the zone field.Click
      Add.
    If the site is not a secure site (HTTPS), clear the Require server verification (httpsCannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties" :) for all sites in this zone check box.

• Click Close,and then click OK (or click
      OK
      twice if you clicked Local intranet in step 4).
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Links that open in new browser tabs don't work on sites embedded within Intranet Zone sites in IE when the sandbox attribute is set on the iframe.

I have an Internet Zone site embedded (with an Iframe) inside of an Intranet Zone site. The Iframe uses the sandbox attribute. The embedded content has <a target="_blank"> links which should open in a new browser tab, but they do not open at all. If I
    remove the parent site from the Intranet Zone (thus bumping it down to the Internet Zone), the links work fine.

To reproduce this, check out <JS Bin> and add https://*.jsbin.com to your local intranet zone in Internet Options.

I just embedded Wikipedia inside JS Bin with this bit of HTML:

<iframe src="Wikipedia" style="height: 350px; width: 100%;" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-scripts"></iframe>

Then, I added https://*.jsbin.com to my Local intranet zone in Internet Options. After doing so, clicking on the links "Download for iOS on the App Store" or "Download for Android on Google Play" do nothing.

In addition, the links still don't work if I add Wikipedia to my Intranet Zone, so it appears that target="_blank" links just never work in sandboxed Iframes embedded in Intranet Zone sites.

What security settings or sandboxing flags do I need to change to make this work?

ZachForster, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties"

Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties"

1. Cannot change settings Win 10 Pro under "Local intranet" zone under "Internet Properties" - Similar Threads - Cannot change settings

2. Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option: Some time ago under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet no wifi option was available on my desktop. It's not been a problem since I am hard wired to my network. Now I want to evaluate Verizon's 54G network but without a wifi connection I can't do that. All of my wifi...
  3. Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option: Some time ago under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet no wifi option was available on my desktop. It's not been a problem since I am hard wired to my network. Now I want to evaluate Verizon's 54G network but without a wifi connection I can't do that. All of my wifi...
  4. Under Windows 10 Settings > Network & Internet there is no wifi option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed: We have numerous users on a domain and their recycle bin properties are grayed out. It is set to delete immediately and we need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-recycle-bin-properties-cannot-be/a8e52fb9-dad0-4022-896e-6d711395a31c
  6. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed: We have numerous users on a domain and their recycle bin properties are grayed out. It is set to delete immediately and we need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-recycle-bin-properties-cannot-be/a8e52fb9-dad0-4022-896e-6d711395a31c
  7. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to change file Details under Properties

Unable to change file Details under Properties: Hello I have 2 .mp3 files I uploaded of which I am unable to change the file properties. I downloaded both files, put them in my playlists folder, and when I right click each file and go to Properties ---> Details, there is no way to change the song title or artist. The song...
  9. Change default option under Remove Properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default option under Remove Properties: In Windows Explorer, Under Remove Properties, there are two options Create a copy with all possible properties removed Remove the following properties from this file Create a copy is the default option selected. Can I change the default to Remove the following...
  10. No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings

No wifi option under 'Network and Internet' settings: Since about Feb 11, 'Wifi' does not appear as an option under Network and Internet Settings. I can connect to my wifi with my printer, but not the scanner component. It worked fine (for years) until Feb 11....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local intranet settings windows 10

2. local intranet settings in windows 10