Windows 10: Cannot change size of Temporary Internet Items

Discus and support Cannot change size of Temporary Internet Items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The size of the cache are 0 Mb and there is no path to a folder displayed. If I increase the size I can only go to 10 Mb and if I then save I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ctbr, Nov 13, 2020.

1. ctbr Win User

Cannot change size of Temporary Internet Items

The size of the cache are 0 Mb and there is no path to a folder displayed.
    If I increase the size I can only go to 10 Mb and if I then save I get a message that the size have to be 8-8.

I have these folders:

C:\Users\Tomas\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Inet-cache and D:\Users\Tomas\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Inet-cache

P C:\Users\Tomas\AppData is there only the cache folder, on D: is there a lot of folders so I assume that it is D:\ 's appdata that are in use.

If I try to set one of the Inet-cache folders as cache under Internet options, I am asked to logout to activate cahnges but nothing changes

If I rename one of the Inet-cache folders and try to set the other as cache the same thing happens > nothing.

One guess is that this started when I upgraded to Win 10 20H2 but I do not really know, I am not using IE but have an application the uses this cache folder.

I have made a repair installation of windows and sesrched the Internet but not found the solution

Anyone that can help?

:)

2. how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Nov 13, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

windows 10 settings-how to change advanced sizing of text and other items

Thank you for your suggestion but this did not help. It seems an option for 'Advanced sizing of text and other items' does not work. The item to 'Change only the Text size' is grayed out. Any ideas?

nancy3243, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot change size of Temporary Internet Items - Similar Threads - Cannot change size

2. cannot change taskbar size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change taskbar size: With latest update, can no longer change taskbar size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-taskbar-size/c4e23e93-436a-4641-a922-e8bab617419e
  3. cannot change taskbar size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change taskbar size: With latest update, can no longer change taskbar size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-taskbar-size/c4e23e93-436a-4641-a922-e8bab617419e
  4. Some of the text size cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of the text size cannot be changed: example 1:example 2:After "Make everything bigger", some of the text size still remain very small a few examples highlighted above in yellow, any idea how to make these text size bigger? thank you!...
  5. Cannot change size of Temporary Internet Items

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot change size of Temporary Internet Items: The size of the cache are 0 Mb and there is no path to a folder displayed. If I increase the size I can only go to 10 Mb and if I then save I get a message that the size have to be 8-8. I have these folders: C:\Users\Tomas\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Inet-cache and...
  6. Winamp Skin change size of items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp Skin change size of items: Winamp Quinto CT Skin 3.6 Does anyone know if it's possible to resize the loudspeakers? [img] 165707
  7. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  8. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Internet Files: I routinely do a 'Disk Clean Up' for my C: This time, I see that the Temporary Internet Files is at 16.4 GB disk space. If I click on view files, the Temporary Internet Files folder is empty. But in the Disk Cleanup utility, the space has increased from 15.7 GB to 16.4 GB in...
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. How Change Taskbar Item Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Change Taskbar Item Size?: How Change Taskbar Item Size? Such as photo: [img] 27826