Windows 10: Cannot change sound output from defaults Speakers to Headphones/BT

Discus and support Cannot change sound output from defaults Speakers to Headphones/BT in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have strange problem with my Ryzen 3600 and Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B450 AORUS ELITE (AM4) based PC. Windows built 1909: - even I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Currandero, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Cannot change sound output from defaults Speakers to Headphones/BT

Hi. I have strange problem with my Ryzen 3600 and Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B450 AORUS ELITE (AM4) based PC. Windows built 1909:
    - even I change default sound output to Headphones connected by Jack and cable, there are still only Speakers playing,
    - system does react on plugging the Headphones, but still no sound (it used to work well 2 days ago),
    - same with Bluetooth Jabra 65t Elite: system connects for maybe a second, sound is transferred for a while and it returns to be only on the Speakers. BTW - you can hear Windows system sounds and do the test - still music goes only to the Speakers. Any ideas what could be the cause?

:)

Currandero, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Catbill Win User

when switch from headphones to speakers, there is no sound

When I unplug my headphones, the sound does not automatically come back through the speakers.

The speakers are external speakers connected through the speaker output. The headphones are connected by USB port.

There should be a simple way to specify that when the headphones are plugged in, they should be the default. When the headphones are not plugged in, the speakers should be the default. Alas, there are a jumble of settings that do not clearly describe what
    they do so I am baffled by how to make this work.

Question: How should Windows be configured so that when the headphones are plugged in, the sound comes through the headphones and when the headphones are not plugged in, the sound comes through the speakers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Catbill, Feb 2, 2020
  3. The sound by default went to headphone mode and unable to play sound through speakers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the sound by default went to headphone mode and you are unable to use the speakers as the sound output. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to change in the sound settings.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run playing audio troubleshooter and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

If the issue still persists,

Go to Start, enter Sound, and select
    Sound Control Panel
    from the list of results.

On the Playback tab, right-click on the headphones and choose
    disable and now right click on speakers and choose enable and check if that works.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad

to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Cannot change sound output from defaults Speakers to Headphones/BT

sound output to headphones

not so far, still trying this and a few others. headphones do not appear on device list

jack n lees, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change sound output from defaults Speakers to Headphones/BT

1. Cannot change sound output from defaults Speakers to Headphones/BT - Similar Threads - Cannot change sound

2. BT Headphones sound output and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT Headphones sound output and mic: I have a problem with my Bluetooth headset. When connected to Bluetooth on WIN10, I get two audio devices one are headphones and others are hands free device. When I use headphones only they work fine, outputting audio normally but as soon as I turn on the microphone in...
  3. sound won't output on laptop speakers or headphones and nothing is wrong???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound won't output on laptop speakers or headphones and nothing is wrong???: UUUGH please help me!!! i've been looking through my audio setting for hours trying to find ANY problems with any devices, trying to find possible needed updates or ANYTHING, and nothing is wrong! everything is unmuted, audio wont work at all on any game or browser on my...
  4. No sound coming from headphones and speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from headphones and speakers: So I was playing some games with my friends on discord when I got up to eat dinner, and during that time my computer went to sleep. When I got back there was a message that popped up saying that a new input was detected and asked me to switch. I decided not to but then I...
  5. Sound Headphones - Speaker

Sound Headphones - Speaker: So i have speaker and headphones. When i plugg in just one of them, in sounds at playback it appears like "speaker", if i plugg in both of devices, the same appears in sounds at playback. I don't know how to make 2 "things" in sound settings. 1 for speaker and 1 for...
  6. Default sound output

Default sound output: I have my computer connected to my TV via a HDMI cable. Is there any way I can get the sound to come out of the TV without manually changing the default "sound output" setting from the desktop to the T.V.? Initially when I connected the two the sound came out of the TV when I...
  7. No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269

No sound from speaker/headphone output jack with Realtek ALC269: Sometime during the March updates the Windows Update completely broke my laptop system (Acer Aspire 5820TG - 424G50Mn). I ignored it for a long time due to lack of spare time until I saw a few days ago that Redstone 5 was available for download and now I finally have some...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. No sound from speakers/headphones

No sound from speakers/headphones: Hi, I have the Dell XPS 8300 with the onboard Realtek HD Audio. I can't get any sound from speakers/headphones using any of the ports at the back and the front audio jack. The speakers are fine as I have tested them on my mobile. I have the latest drivers...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...