Windows 10: Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers

Discus and support Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Issues with my lenovo ideapad 330s Laptop: Crackling speakers sometimes they are silent or in other cases they stay quiet no matter the volume.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jake327, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Jake327 Win User

Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers

Issues with my lenovo ideapad 330s Laptop:

• Crackling speakers sometimes they are silent or in other cases they stay quiet no matter the volume.
    • Crackling in earbuds
    • cannot change sound frequency (grayed out)

Note: The speakers were fine when i got it but after I reset windows theyve started crackling. Ive tried fixing my crackling speakers by:

• uninstalling/reinstalling device drivers
    • reinstalling windows
    • creating new accounts
    • disabling every driver one at a time to see if that changes anything
    • checking internal cabling to make sure no wires are touching

I still have yet to try changing sound frequency because its grayed out

PS: nothing important is on the computer i dont mind losing anything.

Help would very much be appreciated.

:)

Jake327, Oct 2, 2019

2. sound quality frequency is grayed out

original title :sound properties disabled

Windows 10

Open the Sound control Panel

Right click on my speakers (Samsung Box, bluetooth)

Pick properties

Click Advanced tab

Default Format where you select sound quality frequency is grayed out. Cannot change it. I want to change this. How do I change this?

sorinel999, Oct 2, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 2, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers :p

cadaveca, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers - Similar Threads - Cannot change sound

2. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  3. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  4. Crackling sound From Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound From Speakers: Title: Crackling noise from laptop speakers on Windows 11Hi community,I'm facing a frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Edition laptop running Windows 11. Whenever I play audio on my laptop, I hear crackling noises from the speakers. It's extremely annoying and I've...
  5. Crackling sound From Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound From Speakers: Title: Crackling noise from laptop speakers on Windows 11Hi community,I'm facing a frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Edition laptop running Windows 11. Whenever I play audio on my laptop, I hear crackling noises from the speakers. It's extremely annoying and I've...
  6. Speaker Sound Quality is poor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker Sound Quality is poor: Help me! I have problem regarding my bluetooth speaker's driver, it have 2 drivers- Hands free ag audio and stereo, the problem is that I used stereo one and now even after connecting to the speaker it still show disconnected and the hands free ag audio's quality is very...
  7. Laptop speakers start crackling sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speakers start crackling sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after 6 or 7 minutes, speakers start making crackling sound. Then I disable and re-enable the speakers, then it becomes fine. After 6 or 7 minutes, it again starts making crackling sound. I...
  8. Crackling Sound on Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling Sound on Speaker: I got a crackling sound in the front left satelite that doesn't go away whatever I do I did: 1.Restarted the system 2.Changed the wires 3.Changed the satelites between them to check if it's the satelite, and the sound comes from the exact same place front left even after...
  9. Unacceptable speaker sound quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unacceptable speaker sound quality: I've tried 2 different HP PROBOOK laptops and both have very poor speaker quality, scratchy, faint, tinny sound. Any suggestions ho to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unacceptable-speaker-sound-quality/0c28a605-cbb2-4e30-beae-ff497e0d0d56
  10. Crackling sound in my speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Crackling sound in my speaker: I had no issues with my speaker sounds until today. Today I transferred an audio file from my phone to laptop, I haven't opened that audio file yet. I did record a sample directly with my laptop microphone to audio software I downloaded months ago called audacity. Now my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change sound quality frequency on pc