Windows 10: Cannot change the brightness in any way

Discus and support Cannot change the brightness in any way in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, at one day suddenly I realized that I cannot change the brightness even I press the brightness change button. Later on I realized there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AybükeAkkaya, May 5, 2019.

1. Cannot change the brightness in any way

Hello everyone, at one day suddenly I realized that I cannot change the brightness even I press the brightness change button. Later on I realized there is no option available in my power settings place for brightness change in task bar. Later on I went to setting and display settings from there and I pulled brightness to low or high but there was no change. Then, I checked for this problem in internet and there were lots of advises, however they do not solve my problem. I went into power plan setting and tried to give permission and such for brightness however, there is not even a brightness option under display setting. I checked if my monitor disabled in device manager, but it is already enabled. I checked if its manufacturer is teamviewer, and it is not.

I just simply want to adjust my brightness in my pc and I have no idea why this is occured. I just want this simple issue to be done, thanks for your helps in advance.

:)

AybükeAkkaya, May 5, 2019
  2. ICG01 Win User

Change screen brightness

My laptop screen is dull. Need to make it brighter. However the suggestion --> Start - Settings - System - Brightness and color

does not work. It is already set to max. brightness but there is no reaction. Screen remains dull. By the way there is no change if I move slide to minimum brightness, it would not change brightness level at all. Any suggestion?

ICG01, May 5, 2019
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 5, 2019
  4. Cannot change the brightness in any way

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot change the brightness in any way

1. Cannot change the brightness in any way - Similar Threads - Cannot change brightness

2. Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?: Even with my screen's brightness set to the lowest setting, the "nits" still appear excessively bright. On Android, there is an app called Night Screen that provides an overlay to act as a filter, effectively reducing the brightness. Is there a similar solution for Windows...
  3. Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?: Even with my screen's brightness set to the lowest setting, the "nits" still appear excessively bright. On Android, there is an app called Night Screen that provides an overlay to act as a filter, effectively reducing the brightness. Is there a similar solution for Windows...
  4. Any way to reduce the brightness of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere: Out of nowhere I am unable to change brightness and my screen is stuck on max brightness. There is no brightness option whatsoever in control panel. My drivers are up to date. Fn+F6/7 don't work and there is no option to change brightness in power options either. Running 21H2...
  6. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere: Out of nowhere I am unable to change brightness and my screen is stuck on max brightness. There is no brightness option whatsoever in control panel. My drivers are up to date. Fn+F6/7 don't work and there is no option to change brightness in power options either. Running 21H2...
  7. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

8. Any way to change this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to change this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gran172 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfoy62/any_way_to_change_this/
  9. cannot change the brightness.

cannot change the brightness.: The screen is very dark and I am unable to locate any brightness adjustment. Working on a Lenovo 520 monitor Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-the-brightness/720a47e5-0e2e-4e28-b4bb-b8ee36edbf9b
  10. Cannot Change Brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Change Brightness: My device was on hold for the 1903 Update, recently the update arrived but since updating I am unable to change the brightness and brightness slider is also missing. Night Light also does not work and toggling the night light option does not activate it. Windows 10 Pro...