Windows 10: Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App

Discus and support Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot change the folder my Captures are automatically saved to. I go to the Xbox App on my PC, Windows 10, and go to Settings. I select Captures,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elite Reticle, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App

I cannot change the folder my Captures are automatically saved to. I go to the Xbox App on my PC, Windows 10, and go to Settings. I select Captures, and it gives a shortcut that says "Go to Windows Settings to adjust your settings." and when I press it, it goes straight to Game DVR settings, and the area I can save captures on is shown but there's a "How to save to a different folder." shortcut, I press that, it goes to Bing to search for the answer and defaults to the 'answer' as opening the Xbox app and going to settings, and picking the Game DVR option, but there is no Game DVR option in the settings for the Xbox App. The closest is Captures, but that goes back to the settings area to tell me how to fix the problem, which loopholes back to the solution I can't do.

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

Elite Reticle, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Paul Bab Win User

Capture folder for Xbox App

Hi,

Let's answer the following questions to properly isolate your case:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you made any changes on your Windows 10 computer prior to this concern?

To help resolve your concern with moving the Captures folder to a preferred location on Windows 10, check out this

page
    . Look for the post made by LiquidLearner that has been marked as an answer.

For more information about recording game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10, feel free to visit this

link

Keep us posted.

Paul Bab, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Petr VOLF Win User
    Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

how about this?

Change where your Game DVR captures are saved on your PC

Your game clips and screenshots will always be saved in the Captures folder. But you can move that folder anywhere you want on your PC.
    • Go to File Explorer > Videos.
    • Drag the Captures folder where you want it.

Petr VOLF, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App

Xbox App Game DVR capture save location

Strange methode but it works Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App :)

thanks a lot

José Mickael FERNANDES LEMOS, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App

1. Cannot change the folder Captures are saved to on Xbox App - Similar Threads - Cannot change folder

2. Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder: I moved the Captures folder to a different hard drive and now my captures get sent to my C Drive Temp Folder. When I open the game bar to see my captures there's nothing to see there. When I click the folder icon on Gallery it doesn't open anything. When I go to the settings...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder: I moved the Captures folder to a different hard drive and now my captures get sent to my C Drive Temp Folder. When I open the game bar to see my captures there's nothing to see there. When I click the folder icon on Gallery it doesn't open anything. When I go to the settings...
  4. Xbox captures default folder

Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  5. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  6. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...: I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-changed-my-capture-save-location-to/f3d38124-4170-463d-abcf-c0c6d9fae53f
  7. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  8. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  9. Change location of xbox capture folder

10. Changing the location of Xbox captures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the location of Xbox captures: So I wanted to change the location of my captures folder to somewhere else and accidentally changed it to "C:\Users\<username>\Videos". So I lost the "C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures" folder and can't relocate it anymore because of that. My captures go straight into...