Windows 10: Cannot change the profile photo of local account

Discus and support Cannot change the profile photo of local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,each time I try to change my profile picture, an error pops out:https://i.imgur.com/ABRad3j.pngI tried running sfc and dism commands. No success... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Samo Kosík, May 20, 2021.

1. Cannot change the profile photo of local account

Hello,each time I try to change my profile picture, an error pops out:https://i.imgur.com/ABRad3j.pngI tried running sfc and dism commands. No success here, though. Anyone has ideas how to fix the issue?

:)

Samo Kosík, May 20, 2021

2. Problem When Right Clicking on Empty Area and Can't Change to Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per the issue description you are unable to use right click and change the Microsoft account to local account. I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below and see if it helps you to change the Microsoft account to local account.

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key" or Start icon.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 20, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Cannot change the profile photo of local account :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 20, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Cannot change the profile photo of local account

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Cannot change the profile photo of local account

1. Cannot change the profile photo of local account - Similar Threads - Cannot change profile

2. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  3. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change roaming to local profile: Hi all,Hope you can help me with this. I have a computer with a roaming profile.When I try to change it to local, it remains as roaming I go to system, profiles, and change from roaming to local. I don´t get any error. It simply doesn´t change it.What is happening?. Any idea...
  4. Change roaming to local profile

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change avata in local profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change avata in local profile.: My PC already logged with my MS Account. but the local avata didn't sync with my online profile, and when I changed the avata in local Settings. I came across an problem with error code below.it says "avata saving error, unable to save this pic." but the pic had already been...
  6. Unable to change avata in local profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change avata in local profile.: My PC already logged with my MS Account. but the local avata didn't sync with my online profile, and when I changed the avata in local Settings. I came across an problem with error code below.it says "avata saving error, unable to save this pic." but the pic had already been...
  7. Unable to change avata in local profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot change profiles

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot change profiles: Hello, I cannot change from my personal account to my school account in Microsoft Store. The issue persists as I close and open the application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-profiles/c521f4b4-3555-49b7-8bc9-f0b2f82fa502
  9. Change Windows Account in local profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Windows Account in local profile: Hallo, can you give me a hint how to change the windows account in a local profile without making a new profile? - - - Updated - - - I have already added another microsoft account but how can I change it? 179673
  10. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account: I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account. All of the online tutorials say to simply click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". But that option is not there. Instead it...