Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge

Discus and support Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, so I have been trying to solve this issue for over a week now. I'm no stranger to windows, having been a user since MSDos and Windows 1. So, My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Corelulos, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Corelulos Win User

Ok, so I have been trying to solve this issue for over a week now. I'm no stranger to windows, having been a user since MSDos and Windows 1.
    So, My account is registered as Administrator. I checked in settings and via command prompt. I also have an account set up for my wife also admin, but she has her own laptop and rarely ever uses mine.
    I live in Central time USA. -6 UTC.
    My clock however is convinced that I am in Brisbane, Australia.
    I have checked in the BIOS settings as well. Setting it to the correct time and date, then logging into windows and setting the time, but it keeps giving me the message that I need admin privileges.
    My region is set to United States, and English (US)

This is the message I get when I click change time zone from the control panel: Date and Time properties.

Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge [​IMG]

I have tried several of the tutorials on setting the time, but it seems there is something else going on. I don't use any proxy servers or such. Just connect to the internet through Comcast.
    I do have a surfboard modem and a Velop router set in bridge mode. That setup has been working fine for several months now and this time zone trouble just started about three weeks ago.
    Soo, any thoughts?

:)

Corelulos, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge - Similar Threads - Cannot change zone

2. Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1: I understand that I can re-install Wins 10 from free upgrade but if I bought a disc of Wins 8.1 how do I install Wins 10 or is it just from web-site and type in my product for Wins 8.1?...
  3. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  4. Antimalware crreating too much read/write i/o activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware crreating too much read/write i/o activity: At times my disk use goes up to 100% because of the antimalware that comes with Windows Defender. I believe it conflicts with an application that I use. Also is there still chkdsk ? Thanks...
  5. RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...

RESOLVED! But NOT how you'd think!: Windows 10 Still freezing at 81 percent from...: This is a reply/resolution to feedback that I had submitted a while back, that I had for over a year of trying to install the latest updates of Windows 10, and the issues i was having, My suggestion is that the Microsoft team really needs to look into this issue, and try to...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices

Windows 10 Enterprise not downloading updates. Especially surface devices: We are having a serious issue with windows 10 ent. Many machines inside and outside the office are not downloading updates. About 1/3 of my staff work out of home offices and another 1/3 are extremely frequent travelers. All are part of our domain. There are no...
  7. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  8. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  9. Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803

Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803: Hi, I have around 300 Windows 10 build 1703 machines laptops / desktops and looking to upgrade to build 1803. I have not tested anything just yet but looking to get a heads up here. When moving to a new build does windows remove the users favourites from IE? Do Windows...
  10. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445