Windows 10: Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge

Discus and support Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, so I have been trying to solve this issue for over a week now. I'm no stranger to windows, having been a user since MSDos and Windows 1. So, My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Corelulos, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Corelulos Win User

Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge

Ok, so I have been trying to solve this issue for over a week now. I'm no stranger to windows, having been a user since MSDos and Windows 1.
    So, My account is registered as Administrator. I checked in settings and via command prompt. I also have an account set up for my wife also admin, but she has her own laptop and rarely ever uses mine.
    I live in Central time USA. -6 UTC.
    My clock however is convinced that I am in Brisbane, Australia.
    I have checked in the BIOS settings as well. Setting it to the correct time and date, then logging into windows and setting the time, but it keeps giving me the message that I need admin privileges.
    My region is set to United States, and English (US)

This is the message I get when I click change time zone from the control panel: Date and Time properties.

Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge [​IMG]

I have tried several of the tutorials on setting the time, but it seems there is something else going on. I don't use any proxy servers or such. Just connect to the internet through Comcast.
    I do have a surfboard modem and a Velop router set in bridge mode. That setup has been working fine for several months now and this time zone trouble just started about three weeks ago.
    Soo, any thoughts?

:)

Corelulos, Jun 9, 2018

2. Win 10 Set Time Automatically Changes time AND Date

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge

1. Cannot change time zone in Win 10 Home. It say I need Admin priveledge - Similar Threads - Cannot change zone

2. cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change time zone: The time zone was set automatically and is an hour behind. I cannot change it even when logged in as administrator. I have tried doing it through the control panel and CMD. For some reason regardless of if the time is set manually or automatically, i cannot have it adjust to...
  3. cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change time zone: The time zone was set automatically and is an hour behind. I cannot change it even when logged in as administrator. I have tried doing it through the control panel and CMD. For some reason regardless of if the time is set manually or automatically, i cannot have it adjust to...
  4. I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin: For some odd reason I am unable make changes to my new HP like change the time zone despite being the admin and is very frustrating, I've checked multiple times and I'm still the one and only admin but I still can't access certain things....
  5. I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin

I need the admins permission to change the time zone but I AM the admin: For some odd reason I am unable make changes to my new HP like change the time zone despite being the admin and is very frustrating, I've checked multiple times and I'm still the one and only admin but I still can't access certain things....
  6. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  7. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  8. Cannot change time zone

9. Windows 10 Home time zone change

Windows 10 Home time zone change: New laptop - Lenovo ideapad running Windows 10 Home - unable to change time zone, gives me "restricted access" message. This is kid's laptop and I am an administrator on the family network, signed in as admin on the laptop. I could set time manually, but so can my kid and...
  10. Cannot change time zone

Cannot change time zone: When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window When I tried to change in date and time option i got a dialogue box saying "Your changes can not be saved " I tried a lot but cant do anything Plz plz help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. time zone wont change iwn10

2. cannot change the time zone in windows 10

3. cant change time zone win 10 as administrator

4. administrator cannot change time zone