Windows 10: Cannot change time zone

Discus and support Cannot change time zone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window When I tried to change in date and time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BossSuperset906, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Cannot change time zone

When tries to change the time zone from Singapur to India,Delhi it gets reverted after I reopend the window

When I tried to change in date and time option i got a dialogue box saying

"Your changes can not be saved "

I tried a lot but cant do anything

Plz plz help

:)

BossSuperset906, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Jul 4, 2019
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Time Zones do not change

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I appreciate it.

I opened the account on my computer which has Administrator Privileges and ran regedit.

In the first string you suggested, it was already set to NTP.

In the second string, I changed the value to 3, as instructed.

Regrettably, after the restart - the trouble is still present. The Time Zone is still stuck on the time zone of the place I started my trip from.

I opened Settings>Time and confirmed that the toggle is set to Automatically Detect/Change the Time Zone, but it clearly isn't working. Additionally, the place where it displays the Time Zone (which if you click on usually drops down a list where you can
    select a new TZ) is grayed out and not longer drops down a list if you click upon it.

Also grayed out is the toggle allowing you to choose to ignore Daylight Savings.

Hmmm. Puzzling.

B. Parker, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Cannot change time zone

Time Zone Change

I moved states recently and went to change my time zone, only to discover my new time zone (Sydney) wasn't on the list.

How do I get the new time zone added. I would have thought all the major cities would have been there automatically.

helpancient, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot change time zone

1. Cannot change time zone - Similar Threads - Cannot change zone

2. Change Time zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Time zone: I am trying to change my Time Zone but the button isn't allowing me and is grayed out. Please help me change the time zone. How can I get the button to allow me to change the time zone?...
  3. cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change time zone: The time zone was set automatically and is an hour behind. I cannot change it even when logged in as administrator. I have tried doing it through the control panel and CMD. For some reason regardless of if the time is set manually or automatically, i cannot have it adjust to...
  4. cannot change time zone

cannot change time zone: The time zone was set automatically and is an hour behind. I cannot change it even when logged in as administrator. I have tried doing it through the control panel and CMD. For some reason regardless of if the time is set manually or automatically, i cannot have it adjust to...
  5. Cannot change time zone on Windows 11

Cannot change time zone on Windows 11: I am on Windows 11 Home on an administrator account, and the option to change the time zone is grayed out even though my time zone is wrong.Even trying to do it through control panel and command prompt doesn't work.I don't know how to fix the time zone. Can anybody help?...
  6. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  7. Cannot change time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change time zone: Windows 10 Pro for WorkstationsMy time is not correct on my workstation. I went to Settings. The time zone is incorrect. I cannot change it because it is grayed out. I am the administrator. There are vague references to Microsoft 365, which I do use. Any help appreciated,...
  8. Cannot change time zone

9. Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone

Windows 10 Cannot Change Time Zone: My Windows 10 computer is set in Pacific Time, and when I try to change it to Eastern, I select it from the drop down and it changes back once the time syncs. There is no option to set the time manually....
  10. change time zone

change time zone: I have recently restore my laptop and I cant change my time zone to gmt5.30. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-time-zone/48c89f25-8f2b-47bd-a2bb-ddb3e82e9450