Windows 10: Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights

Discus and support Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My Windows 10 (build 1803) is stuck in the wrong timezone and I am unable to change it via Windows Settings. If I try to go via the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TOMMIE193, Jul 19, 2018.

1. TOMMIE193 Win User

Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights

Hi,

My Windows 10 (build 1803) is stuck in the wrong timezone and I am unable to change it via Windows Settings.

If I try to go via the old configuration screen (Date/Time) I get a message that I have to contact my administrator.

I am the only user on this pc and I have full administrator rights.

Can you help? Thanks!

:)

TOMMIE193, Jul 19, 2018

2. Timezone Change

Hi Iselda,

For us to properly isolate the issue with changing the timezone, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type in cmd. You'll see Command Prompt listed.
      Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type tzutil /l to see the list of all time zones.
    • Once you have found your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line. Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy
    • Afterwards, type tzutil /s "paste the time zone here". Like this:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations!); then, Enter.
    • Exit the Command Prompt, and then go to your time settings.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 19, 2018
  3. bahumbaba Win User
    Insufficient rights when creating Start Menu items during installation

Hi forum,

I have an issue when installing software in general on my Windows 10 Pro installation.

So far i've tried with Skype and VirtualBox and both installations are having issues when it comes to create the Start Menu shortcuts, i get the error and have to cancel the installation: The installer has insufficient privileges to access the directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Oracle VM VirtualBox. The installer cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights [​IMG]

What i've tried so far:

These steps have helped some users with the same issue, but i cant seem to catch a break, i still can't install software.

Any help would be much appreciated.

bahumbaba, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights

1. Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights - Similar Threads - Cannot change timezone

2. timezone change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  3. timezone change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  4. Cannot change timezone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change timezone: Hi, I am not able anymore to change the timezone manually on my computer running Windows 10. It does not matter whether the "Set time automatically" toggle is activated or not, in both cases the toggle "Set time zone automatically" is disabled and greyed out and the "Time...
  5. Cannot change timezone

Cannot change timezone: Hi, I am not able anymore to change the timezone manually on my computer running Windows 10. It does not matter whether the "Set time automatically" toggle is activated or not, in both cases the toggle "Set time zone automatically" is disabled and greyed out and the "Time...
  6. Cannot change timezone

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. TimeZone is not displaying the right time

TimeZone is not displaying the right time: When selecting timezone for my computer i choose the right one but its an hour or some minutes off, so for some reason i have to select cairo insted which is in Egypt to get the right time..... and i live in Norway.Any idea why this could be happening?Thanks...
  8. TimeZone is not displaying the right time

TimeZone is not displaying the right time: When selecting timezone for my computer i choose the right one but its an hour or some minutes off, so for some reason i have to select cairo insted which is in Egypt to get the right time..... and i live in Norway.Any idea why this could be happening?Thanks...
  9. Timezone Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timezone Change: Morning all, I'm in the UK, and my laptop clock has always had no trouble detecting which timezone I'm in, but for whatever reason, this morning I cannot stop it from thinking I'm in UTC-4.00. I know I can fix it by just setting it manually, but I was just wondering whether...
  10. cannot change my timezone

cannot change my timezone: cannot change my timezoneNo permissions are indicated when changing the date and timeSince there is no gpedit.msc in Windows10 home edition, I tried to add it, but it failed. Is there any other way?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tzutil: insuffician privlidges

2. tzutil insufficient privileges

3. tzutil: insufficient privileges to set the current time zone.

4. insufficient privileges to set the current time zone,
  5. tzutil insufficient privileges in administrator account,
  6. insufficient privilege when trying to change time/date,
  7. insufficient privileges to set current time zone,
  8. how to set time zone without admin rights,
  9. insufficient privileges to set time zone in windows 10,
  10. insufficnet privleges to set timezone,
  11. no admin rights to change time zone,
  12. windows 10 Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone,
  13. administrator account cannot change time zone,
  14. windows 10 change timezone insufficiant privilege,
  15. tzutil privileges