Windows 10: Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...

Discus and support Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This should really be supported! It's 2022 please :cI'm not able to find a suggestions page, so I will post this here but yeah. I would like to see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AveryTN, May 24, 2022.

1. AveryTN Win User

Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...

This should really be supported! It's 2022 please :cI'm not able to find a suggestions page, so I will post this here but yeah. I would like to see my pretty Modernflyouts widget for album covers appear when I change volume! I'm going to end up making a macro to do this, but i don't see why it's not supported from the jump. Mac is ahead of us on HID devices over a decade, 12 years at least!!Linux can probably do it too, those nerds. Anyway, that's it.

:)

AveryTN, May 24, 2022
  2. pk0403 Win User

Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change being reflected. If I change the audio via my keyboard or slider on my laptop, then I can hear the audio
    change in my earbuds, so it seems like it's only the buttons on the earbuds not working. These are new earbuds, so I don't think it is a hardware problem.

pk0403, May 24, 2022
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, May 24, 2022
  4. Nigeki Win User

Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...

Whenever I pause a video the volume jumps up by 10%

I often watch videos or listen to music while I play video games (the videos would be on my second monitor) and I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 yesterday. Today whenever I pause a video, song or whenever the next video in the playlist begins the
    loudness of the audio seems to jump by 10% (from 20 to 30) despite not changing in the volume mixer itself.

My drivers are up to date I've even reinstalled them. Any idea why this happens?

This happens on Windows media player, the "Movie and TV" as well as the music apps provided by windows 10 as well as youtube via google chrome, edge and firefox.

Once I hit my volume up or volume down keys on my keyboard the volume returns to the level it should be at.

Nigeki, May 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having... - Similar Threads - Cannot change volume

2. Why have my function keys changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why have my function keys changed?: Recently I've been having problems with my Fn keys with my keyboard I'm using a PC with windows 10.Both today and yesterday my Fn keys have changed to what I believe to be the keyboard manufacturers settings rather than the default windows settings, i.e. F11 no longer goes...
  3. Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...: This should really be supported! It's 2022 please :cI'm not able to find a suggestions page, so I will post this here but yeah. I would like to see my pretty Modernflyouts widget for album covers appear when I change volume! I'm going to end up making a macro to do this, but...
  4. Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change volume or pause videos with my Earbuds "Remote"/function keys despite having...: This should really be supported! It's 2022 please :cI'm not able to find a suggestions page, so I will post this here but yeah. I would like to see my pretty Modernflyouts widget for album covers appear when I change volume! I'm going to end up making a macro to do this, but...
  5. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Despite Having Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate Windows 10 Despite Having Product Key: Dear Microsoft Support, I recently built a brand new computer and purchased Windows 10 Home on a USB Drive to install once I finished my build. I purchased the official software from Amazon. I inserted the USB drive into the port upon bootup and was able to install Windows...
  6. Audio volume changes after sound is paused

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio volume changes after sound is paused: After updating the Realtek audio driver from Dell, the sound volume started increasing every time any sound started after pausing or stopping for about two seconds or more. Any adjustment of the sound volume would restore the setting - until next time. I believe this was...
  7. Earbud volume buttons not changing volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Earbud volume buttons not changing volume: I've plugged in wired earbuds to my Surface Laptop 1. When I click the audio buttons on my earbuds to make the volume go up or down, there is no change being reflected. If I change the audio via my keyboard or slider on my laptop, then I can hear the audio change in my...
  8. Change function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  9. I have a workaround for the "Volume increasing and/or changing after pausing a video or...

I have a workaround for the "Volume increasing and/or changing after pausing a video or...: This workaround is in response to this locked thread from 2015 (and the many many many MANY threads like it since then):...
  10. volume key function

volume key function: I have a new microsoft pro tablet. Its been working fine. Somehow in transport in my briefcase, the volume key on the edge of it has switched its functionality. It now gives me a menu of options such as sign out, switch user, lock, etc. instead of simply adjusting the...