Windows 10: Cannot change Windows 10 font size with text size increase

Discus and support Cannot change Windows 10 font size with text size increase in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I'm having some great difficulty in upsizing the default font size. I've tried changing the font size, but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kqvo93, Jul 27, 2016.

1. kqvo93 Win User

Cannot change Windows 10 font size with text size increase

Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I'm having some great difficulty in upsizing the default font size. I've tried changing the font size, but I'm only afforded the option to increase it to 24 (which the current font size is not). Apart from changing a file in regedit to change the default font which I learned from this link; http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/ch...ont-windows-10 , I don't know what might be the culprit behind this problem. I have tried upsizing to 125%-150% but some applications look blurry as a result. I would prefer to increase the font size and nothing else. Any suggestions?

Cannot change Windows 10 font size with text size increase [​IMG]

:)

kqvo93, Jul 27, 2016

2. Text size

The font or text size does not adjust in Windows 10. The slide bar shows text increase at 175% but no appreciable change. Facebook font size is either 7 or 9 and cannot be adjusted?

mdllevine1+1, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Woodg Win User
    the text size in messaging and phonebook

Sorry, there is no way to change the text size. Not that it helps you, but Windows Phone 8 does allow you to increase the font size.

Woodg, Jul 27, 2016
  4. kqvo93 Win User

I think the culprit is likely my mod to regedit. Unfortunately, I did not save a back up. Would anybody know how to undo this change to regedit after implemented?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
    "Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Black (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Black Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Historic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Light Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Semibold Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Semilight (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Semilight Italic (TrueType)"=""
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
    "Segoe UI"="Verdana"

kqvo93, Jul 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot change Windows 10 font size with text size increase - Similar Threads - Cannot change font

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  4. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  5. How to Increase Font Size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Increase Font Size?: I have W10 home - latest vers - cannot find the right way to ask this question in Help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size/1fdedf3d-1e44-4b36-be3f-33839cf907d3
  6. Increasing font size in applications?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing font size in applications?: Hello all- My first post here, so please be gentle *Wink As I age, the default font in most Windows applications seems to get smaller (funny how that happens). While I work in Word 2019 primarily, I suspect what I want to change may well be controlled through the OS. So, is...
  7. Increase the Font size and make text bigger on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Increase the Font size and make text bigger on Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you have vision problems you can make the text bigger on your Windows 10 PC via Windows 10 Ease of Access Settings easily. You do not even have to use any 3rd-party software to do this. Let us see [...] This post Increase the Font size and make text bigger on...
  8. Font/Text size

in Windows 10 Support
    Font/Text size: I would very much like to know how to set the font and text size so I can read it and make it stay there. I research the web and get several suggestions on how to do this (some do not even apply to my Win 10).I have gotten it changed through Settings but it returns to...
  9. Text size fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size fonts: Hello, I think this will be the last for this evening. After all manouvering to resize text in window file/folders explorer, the size in the explorer did'nt change, but look what happened to context menu, I attach here some screenshots, one is amerge of the explorer and on...
  10. Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Increasing Font Size in Windows 10?: Hi all, I know this is a very basic question, but I'm still new to Windows 10 so I need some help. I've been really struggling to read the text on my PC screen recently. I've increased the "zoom" amount in my web browsers, but the text in the menus like at the top of the...