Windows 10: Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

Discus and support Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On one of our laptops, after reset, the Win version became Enterprise. I learned that we are supposed to use the Generic pro key to change it back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JapanExotravel, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

On one of our laptops, after reset, the Win version became Enterprise.
    I learned that we are supposed to use the Generic pro key to change it back to Pro but it didn't let me.
    What should we do in this case?

The PC originally was on Win8 Pro and then upgraded to Win10 Pro
    Thanks in advance.

Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset 4093b89b-52c9-4d25-ade5-c7a572e69841?upload=true.png

:)

JapanExotravel, Mar 19, 2021

2. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Mar 19, 2021
  3. lx07 Win User
    Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

You are asking the wrong question. It is (technically) possible to switch your versions around but it is isn't trivial. If you have to ask about what to do with your games I think you are not even close to being able to do it.

You can convert standard Enterprise to Pro but you can't convert an Enterprise Evaluation to anything as it clearly said when you signed up to the program.

So if you have bought a valid 10 Pro key or your PC came with 10 Pro installed anyway, I'd suggest you clean install 10 Pro. (unplug your other drives first).

Don't try using generic keys or anything. It is against the rules of this forum and will not work in any case.

You need a valid key to activate and assuming you do I suggest you use it.

4. sbpetrack Win User

Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset

1. Cannot change Windows 10 from Enterprise to Pro after reset - Similar Threads - Cannot change Enterprise

2. Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 changing back and forth from Enterprise to Pro: [ATTACH] I have a weird issue going on. I build machines using SCCM OSD. We use a KMS server for activation. Over time, there are many instances where the version goes from Enterprise to Pro. THen it will change back. And it can flip flop over time:...
  3. system slow after windows 10 license changed from pro to enterprise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system slow after windows 10 license changed from pro to enterprise: Hi There,Our company has changed windows 10 pro license to windows 10 enterprise one & activated smoothly completed.but now users are having issue for system slowness or system hanged issue.Below are troubleshooting performed so far, still user reporting system hang issue....
  4. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Surface pro 3 some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I was unable to login with...
  5. Change from Windows enterprise to Windows 10 pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change from Windows enterprise to Windows 10 pro: My earlier company had given a laptop with Windows enterprise. I've left that company and now I want to shift from Windows enterprise to Windows pro or home with a new digital licence from MS....
  6. Change from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: I have been using an enterprise license of Wiundows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 for some time now. I am no longer associated with the organizaton that holds the enterprise license. I do, however, have a valid Windows 7 key from a computer that I have since scrapped. Can I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Microsoft.com upgrade for Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro resets to Enterprise: Good day, I purchased a Microsoft.com upgrade for Windows 10 Pro some time ago. It has worked just fine but I decided to do a fresh install so I ran Reset my PC. Upon installation I knew something was wrong as it asked for a work/school login email or to join a domain. I...
  9. Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise

Windows Update Change from Pro to Enterprise: My computer has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. After I ran Windows Update and 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4505903) was installed, Windows Settings states "Windows isn't activated. Activate Windows now. After unsuccessfully trying...
  10. Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Change from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: Hello everyone, This is my first post. I have retired from a university and no longer qualify for Windows 7 Enterprise or its upgrade to Windows 10; so I will be purchasing Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. I have read a few posts and am now not sure how to proceed. I would be...