Windows 10: Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

Discus and support Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.I cannot change any settings on my Windows Defender Firewall. When I do so, I receive this error. I there any way to fix this?Thank you for your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bigae, Nov 10, 2021.

1. bigae Win User

Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

Hello.I cannot change any settings on my Windows Defender Firewall. When I do so, I receive this error. I there any way to fix this?Thank you for your help.Rudi

:)

bigae, Nov 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 account problems and Windows firewall problems get the error code 0x800706D9

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The error “0x800706D9” will result when the Windows Firewall/ICS service is in a stopped state.

As you are facing issues with the Xbox app and the Windows Firewall I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try running the
    Apps troubleshooter.

This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

This error is by design. Most users who want to disable the Windows Firewall will use the Windows Firewall wizard and set the firewall to "Off" rather than disabling the Firewall/ICS service directly. When the Windows Firewall/ICS service is stopped you
    cannot even launch the Windows Firewall wizard.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R for Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall and then set it to
      Automatic.
    Hope this information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you

Anup Karkal, Nov 10, 2021
  3. Windows Update error 0x800706d9

I found out from some searching that this error relates to Windows Firewall. I read another Windows 10 user's post on one of these many 0x800706d9 threads on the Microsoft site that the fix is to re-enable Windows Firewall in Services. Right-click it, select Properties, set startup to Automatic, and click Start. You should be able to update now.

GuyInDogSuit, Nov 10, 2021
  4. Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

Unable to turn ON Windows Firewall, returns error code 0x800706d9

From few days, I've been getting notification that Windows Firewall isn't turned on.

When I try to turn it on, a pop up message comes saying "Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings, Error code 0x800706d9"

After some searching around I found that service should be set to automatic, but as I checked it's already set to automatic.

The issue was that the service shows "starting....." but never really starts the whole time.

I read other threads regarding the same but were dated more than 5 yrs ago and the methods didn't work

Help me out here!

Alkesh Vaghela, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

1. Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9 - Similar Threads - Cannot change firewall

2. Windows Firewall 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall 0x800706d9: Firewall eski ayarlarına dönmüyor. Windowsfirewall troubleshooting deniyorum "Kaspersky ya da başka firewall kullanıyorsunuz" diyor ama ortada hiçbir antivirüs yok....
  3. Windows Firewall 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall 0x800706d9: Firewall eski ayarlarına dönmüyor. Windowsfirewall troubleshooting deniyorum "Kaspersky ya da başka firewall kullanıyorsunuz" diyor ama ortada hiçbir antivirüs yok....
  4. Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9

Cannot change windows firewall settings - error 0x800706d9: Hello.I cannot change any settings on my Windows Defender Firewall. When I do so, I receive this error. I there any way to fix this?Thank you for your help.Rudi...
  5. windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9: I am facing multiple problems and I need help1- search is not working at all i rebooted many times nothing happens and tried to troubleshoot but it didn't fix the problem2- windows defender firewall is not working and its services' status is always starting and actually never...
  6. windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9

windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x800706d9: I am facing multiple problems and I need help1- search is not working at all i rebooted many times nothing happens and tried to troubleshoot but it didn't fix the problem2- windows defender firewall is not working and its services' status is always starting and actually never...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9: Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-error-code-0x800706d9/4bf4603b-a9ee-44de-9427-32eacb912d09
  8. Windows firewall can't be opened due to error 0x8007045b AND 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall can't be opened due to error 0x8007045b AND 0x800706d9: Even i have uninstalled my quickheal antivirus still it is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-cant-be-opened-due-to-error/a308dfcc-9380-43a5-b3be-42039312ec78
  9. Firewall cant be turned on (error 0x800706d9)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall cant be turned on (error 0x800706d9): hello I have this problem, when I try to change settings on firewall in controll panel, I cant change anything. After I press the button (in the red circle, see the picture) this window pops up. Thanks for any help [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9: Hi there, Since a few days, i've got this problem that i am unable to activate the firewall, as soon as i try to activate it by myselfe, the following error shows up: 0x800706d9 And also more and more of those little Windows Apps are dissapearing. For example the Picture...