Windows 10: Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.

Discus and support Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to check for updates because I notice a lot of UsoClient processes in my task manager, but whenever I press check for updates in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by coopermcdougal, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.

I have been trying to check for updates because I notice a lot of UsoClient processes in my task manager, but whenever I press check for updates in setting, the settings tab crashes. Does anybody know why this is happening or how to fix it?

:)

coopermcdougal, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.

Windows 10 "Update and Security" Settings Page Crashes when trying to open it

Hello Fares,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information to resolve the problem.

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

If the steps involving deployment of System File Checker
    does not helps to resolve the issue, try the following steps to use the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Follow the steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type
      settings and select Settings.

• Select Accounts > Other user accounts.

• Under Manage other accounts, select
      Add an account.

• At the bottom of the page, select
      Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Select Local account.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.

I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to

Set up accounts
    on Windows 10 article.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page.

1. Cannot check for updates, as it keeps crashing the settings page. - Similar Threads - Cannot check updates

2. Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update: I am running the latest version of Windows 11 prior to 22H2 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It was originally installed as Home and I then upgraded it to Pro. Now I tried to install the 22H2 upgrade, but the installation option to keep my apps and settings is greyed out with a...
  3. Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Keep Files and Settings at Update: I am running the latest version of Windows 11 prior to 22H2 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 8. It was originally installed as Home and I then upgraded it to Pro. Now I tried to install the 22H2 upgrade, but the installation option to keep my apps and settings is greyed out with a...
  4. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes: I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around...
  5. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes: I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around...
  6. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Network & Internet settings cannot turn on and keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & Internet settings cannot turn on and keeps crashing: While I was checking for problem using sfc scan, I have noticed that my network has disappeared although I didn't uncheck the network icon in the task barIt is until I have checked my network and internet settings that it is off for some reason, when I tried to check it, the...
  8. Network & Internet settings cannot turn on and keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet settings cannot turn on and keeps crashing: While I was checking for problem using sfc scan, I have noticed that my network has disappeared although I didn't uncheck the network icon in the task barIt is until I have checked my network and internet settings that it is off for some reason, when I tried to check it, the...
  9. Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.: When I open it stays like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-in-settings-keeps-loading/ad488b64-9b5c-4246-9979-8b72dcf35a2e
  10. Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.

Windows Update page in Settings keeps loading.: When I open it stays like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-page-in-settings-keeps-loading/ad488b64-9b5c-4246-9979-8b72dcf35a2e