Windows 10: Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft...

Discus and support Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, Since today, I'm not able to check for Windows updates. I am also not able to download apps from Microsoft Store. I'm getting error 0x80070057.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DJLiMix, Aug 30, 2020.

1. DJLiMix Win User

Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft...

Hi,

Since today, I'm not able to check for Windows updates. I am also not able to download apps from Microsoft Store. I'm getting error 0x80070057. However, for about 1-2 weeks, when I search for an Windows App or app downloaded from Microsoft Store, no icon is shown screenshot below. I've tried everything possible - resetting Microsoft Store, using troubleshooter, using SFC, deleting icon and thumb cache, but nothing helped me. However, when I created new account on this laptop, the icons were visible.

Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft... 3c6bd1ab-5738-4242-aaa5-f2169c56d545?upload=true.png

Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft... 641a74bf-7bff-46cc-b09e-913601defe31?upload=true.png

:)

DJLiMix, Aug 30, 2020

2. Mail App Error 0x80070057

I installed Windows 10 last year and recently installed the update. Every since that time, my Mail App has not worked. I get a sync error with 0x80070057 as the error code. I have tried both solutions listed and neither work. I have a Toshiba Satellite
    C855.

Tried All Solutions Listed Below:

Fix Windows Update corruption errors such as 0x80070002 and 0x80070057

Method 1:

App Trouble Shooter for Windows 10:

Run App Troubleshooter:

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security
    or account settings.

Please find the steps below for App troubleshooter:

• In the search tab type Troubleshooting and hit enter.

• Select System and security.

• Click Windows update troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

AS the issue still persist, I suggest you to uninstall Windows Mail app and install it again from Windows store.

Follow the below steps;

1) Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2) Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3) Enter the below command to uninstall the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: By running the above commands, Windows Calendar app will also get removed.

4) Download the Mail and Calendar app from Windows store and install it.

Please Help

Kirsten

KirstenLittle, Aug 30, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8, cant install updates properly.

Try this "Fix: Microsoft Update Error Code 0×80080008 while installing Windows Updates"
    And, if that don't work try "FIX : Error 0×80080008 While Updating Windows Apps In Windows 8".
    Then, if that fails... try this --> Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

You could, also, run "SFC /scannow" and check for corrupt files.

If worse comes to worse... you could always do a windows refresh.
    How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

95Viper, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft...

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft...

1. Cannot check for windows updates error 0x80070057, cannot install new apps from Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Cannot check updates

2. Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store: cannot install any new apps from the Microsoft Store! Getting the following error message:I already tried resetting, re-installing the store, clearing app cache, running the troubleshooter, etc - same issuecan anyone offer further advice??Thanks...
  3. Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store: cannot install any new apps from the Microsoft Store! Getting the following error message:I already tried resetting, re-installing the store, clearing app cache, running the troubleshooter, etc - same issuecan anyone offer further advice??Thanks...
  4. Is there a Botnet on my laptop? Cannot check for updates and cannot install apps on windows...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is there a Botnet on my laptop? Cannot check for updates and cannot install apps on windows...: I realized my Windows Update on Settings is not working. I also found out I cannot update apps or install apps on the Microsoft Store. Maybe my laptop is infected with a virus. My Avast Antivirus also detects it and blocks the connection every time I connect to it on Chrome....
  5. Is there a Botnet on my laptop? Cannot check for updates and cannot install apps on windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Botnet on my laptop? Cannot check for updates and cannot install apps on windows...: I realized my Windows Update on Settings is not working. I also found out I cannot update apps or install apps on the Microsoft Store. Maybe my laptop is infected with a virus. My Avast Antivirus also detects it and blocks the connection every time I connect to it on Chrome....
  6. Is there a Botnet on my laptop? Cannot check for updates and cannot install apps on windows...

7. Error 0x80070057 when installing apps from Microsoft Store

Error 0x80070057 when installing apps from Microsoft Store: Hello, Out of nowhere, I was updating some apps on the Microsoft Store and I started getting an error at the end of the download. It simply says that "Something unexpected happened" and it says the error code is 0x80070057. I've also since updated to Windows 20H2 v2 (build...
  8. Error 0x80070057 when installing apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0x80070057 when installing apps from Microsoft Store: Hello, Out of nowhere, I was updating some apps on the Microsoft Store and I started getting an error at the end of the download. It simply says that "Something unexpected happened" and it says the error code is 0x80070057. I've also since updated to Windows 20H2 v2 (build...
  9. Unable to update or check for updates, error 0x80070057?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to update or check for updates, error 0x80070057?: I normally let Windows do its own updates but today when I checked Windows Update I got this error: http://imgur.com/3w7UJOC When I ran the troubleshooter it stated: "Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt": http://imgur.com/4QqNUn7 On top of that Windows Security is...
  10. Error Code 0x80070057 Preventing me From Installing/Updating apps Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code 0x80070057 Preventing me From Installing/Updating apps Microsoft Store: For a week or so I have not been able to update apps on Microsoft Store. When I attempt to do so, error code 0x80070057 comes up. I have restarted my computer, performed DISM and System File Checker operations and nothing has worked. I have also cleared the store cache...