Windows 10: Cannot check properties or disable ethernet card

Discus and support Cannot check properties or disable ethernet card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to check the properties of my network card and I got an error that says 'An unexpected error occurred'. When I want to disable it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamFikri, May 29, 2019.

1. AdamFikri Win User

Cannot check properties or disable ethernet card

Hello, I wanted to check the properties of my network card and I got an error that says 'An unexpected error occurred'.

When I want to disable it, it says 'it is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account.' Any fix?

:)

AdamFikri, May 29, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

ethernet properties

Have you tried to download and install the latest driver update from your manufacturer's website? If not, kindly
    do so.

If the issue still persists, reset and reconfigure your TCP/IP and check if you can access the properties afterwards.
    To do this, follow these steps:

Reset TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your network connection.

Reconfigure TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Get back to us if anything comes up.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing
    the same problem.

Kem Mon, May 29, 2019
  3. ethernet properties

hello the driver is upto date,

next i have typed the commands as instructed but its to vain, kindly help me in resolving the issue,

him of himself, May 29, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

ethernet properties

Hi,

Based on the details provided, it is possible that your network adapter was blocking you to access the ethernet
    properties. We recommend that you uninstall your network adapter and scan for hardware changes. To do this, follow these steps:

Uninstall network adapter:

• In the search bar, type
      Device Manager
      and hit
      Enter.

• Select the name of your network adapter and right-click.

• Choose
      Uninstall.

• Select
      "Delete the driver software for this device".

• Click on
      Uninstall.

Scan for hardware changes:

• In the search bar, type
      Device Manager
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Action.

• Select
      "Scan for hardware changes".

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot check properties or disable ethernet card - Similar Threads - Cannot check properties

2. Is my ethernet card broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my ethernet card broken?: Ethernet Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller Odbieranie 29,4 Mb/s Wysyłanie 128 Kb/s. Is my ethernet card broken? because i have internet with 1000mb/s speeds but my ethernet card send only 128kb/s. If it not broke how can i fix it...
  3. ethernet properties button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ethernet properties button does not work: hii did an inplace update from win 10 1909 to win 10 20H2(19042.804).From this path:setting -> network and internet -> state -> ethernet When i click button property nothing happen, no error, nothing .... [ATTACH] I did an sfc /scannow and a Dism check, no problem founded...
  4. ethernet properties button does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    ethernet properties button does not work: hii did an inplace update from win 10 1909 to win 10 20H2(19042.804).From this path:setting -> network and internet -> state -> ethernet When i click button property nothing happen, no error, nothing .... [ATTACH] I did an sfc /scannow and a Dism check, no problem founded...
  5. Ethernet Card X out

Ethernet Card X out: I bought a Gigabyte network adapter to improve speed and quality of my internet on my pc. Installed the updated drivers for it. I get this red X on the network ethernet ports info on my computer that says ethernet cable disconnected when in fact it is connected and getting...
  6. Disable ethernet

Disable ethernet: I connected to a mobile hotspot recently, and now this "No Internet" option is showing on top of the Wi-Fi page. [ATTACH] When I click on it, it takes me to the ethernet settings page. How can I remove this from the list? Right clicking the device in settings does nothing....
  7. Ethernet Card Unstable!

Ethernet Card Unstable!: I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop. The Ethernet Card iseems so have some connectivity issue and I have to wiggle the cord to get it going at times. It is not the cord itself (we've tried 3 different ones) but something in the card. Problem is that the Ethernet is part of the...
  8. Ethernet Card Unstable!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Card Unstable!: I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop. The Ethernet Card iseems so have some connectivity issue and I have to wiggle the cord to get it going at times. It is not the cord itself (we've tried 3 different ones) but something in the card. Problem is that the Ethernet is part of the...
  9. Can't check the properties of a file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't check the properties of a file.: Having serious issues on my windows 10 O.S. For example instead of cut it changed to windoes.cut or properties changed to windows.properties. Can't check the properties of a file. When I right click on a folder it does not show the entire options like before which...
  10. ethernet card update

ethernet card update: can I update my laptop with a new gigabyte Ethernet Adapter. The old card transmit at 100/100. I need a faster adapter for my dell win 10 laptop. What are the problems associated with this update?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check properties of ethernet card windows 10