Windows 10: Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you...

Discus and support Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/2FootJackal [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/2FootJackal, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you...

/u/2FootJackal, Oct 9, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

There are several reasons that may affect the ability of Cortana
    to recognize and provide you an accurate search result, one of which is the accent. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you enable the
    Recognize non-native accent for this language option to improve Cortana's voice recognition. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows
      Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you... 05d21afd-0bd5-46a7-b35a-02c7c195ecde.png
      +
      I key.
    • Select Time & Language.
    • Select Speech.
    • Under Speech language, click the box for Recognize non-native accent for this language
      option to enable it.

Once you're done, try the search again and check if Cortana's voice recognition has improved.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Speech Recognition Error: The recogniser language must match the language of the user interface.

This is what fixed it for me, though there are two parts to it and I'm not sure which was the active ingredient:

1. I installed the language packs for English (US) and English (UK) under
      Start Menu > [Windows] Settings > Time & Language > Language > Add a preferred language
      . That is, the two keyboard languages which were showing up under the Language Bar despite not being listed as installed.
      If this problem affects you, it may or may not be a different set of languages causing the problem.
    2. Once they finished installing, I uninstalled them by clicking on them in the same settings window and clicking Remove.
    3. Under Start Menu > [Windows] Settings > Time & Language > Speech I enabled the "Recognise non-native accents for this language" checkbox.
    4. I tried loading the Windows Speech Recognition app again and it worked this time. It continued to work setting "Recognise non-native accents for this language" back to Disabled.

Sven Viking, Oct 9, 2020
  4. ecbritz Win User

Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you...

How do I RESET my microphone to work with Cortana?

Thanks for the appreciated response. The solution to my problem turned out to be switching on (checking) "Recognize non-native accents for this language". Under Settings, find the Speech Language settings. If you choose English (United States) as your speaking language -- but don't have an American accent -- then you should check "Recognize non-native accents for this language". Doing this solved my problem. I also did the "Set up your mic for speech recognition" part of the Speech Language settings correctly this time. I read out the prescribed sentence. Since doing all this, Cortana has declared herself willing to talk to me.

ecbritz, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you...

1. Cannot check "Recognize non-native accents for this language" or "Choose the language you... - Similar Threads - Cannot check Recognize

2. Cannot find language in "Choose a language to install"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find language in "Choose a language to install": I don't know why but after delete a language in add a language section I can't find any language to add when I search in the "Type a language name..." bar. My computer can download and install 3 languages before this happen so I know it's not a single language. Pls help!...
  3. Cannot find language in "Choose a language to install"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find language in "Choose a language to install": I don't know why but after delete a language in add a language section I can't find any language to add when I search in the "Type a language name..." bar. My computer can download and install 3 languages before this happen so I know it's not a single language. Pls help!...
  4. Changing language to the OS, but it is not native

Changing language to the OS, but it is not native: Hi all,I am in a fight with a vendor who sent me back a pc after maintenance in guarantee with Windows 10 pro in Italian instead of the original English. I know that he will reply to install one Microsoft tool which changes the appearance of the language to English.BUT I...
  5. Changing language to the OS, but it is not native

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing language to the OS, but it is not native: Hi all,I am in a fight with a vendor who sent me back a pc after maintenance in guarantee with Windows 10 pro in Italian instead of the original English. I know that he will reply to install one Microsoft tool which changes the appearance of the language to English.BUT I...
  6. non removable languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    non removable languages: as you can see in the pictures above i only have english us installed yet there is 3 more languages installed. this is a fresh copy of windows 11 installed on a fresh nvme ssd and i got no clue why this keeps happening, i tried those commands to delete all languages except...
  7. non removable languages

non removable languages: as you can see in the pictures above i only have english us installed yet there is 3 more languages installed. this is a fresh copy of windows 11 installed on a fresh nvme ssd and i got no clue why this keeps happening, i tried those commands to delete all languages except...
  8. Accents in US Languages Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accents in US Languages Microsoft 10: Hi y’all! Does anyone know if it is possible to either download or is there an app or an extension or a creature from outer space that I can put in my computer an English United States Voice read my books with a southern accent? The two or three that are available Windows 10...
  9. Chrome Language Check

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome Language Check: How to detect a language in chrome, via command line or powershell. It's possible? If so, how would it be? Can you help me with some examples? Thank you. 165304
  10. Non-Unicode language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non-Unicode language: My Quicken 2017 program asks for me to change the language in the Control Panel to non-Unicode language. I can't find that possibility anywhere in the control panel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-unicode-language/a13fb189-eb1b-4d7d-8d20-d52552ad17bc