Windows 10: Cannot choose another app for unknown file types

Discus and support Cannot choose another app for unknown file types in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to use Houdini network server HQueue. I think It's interface needs a browser . Windows 10 showing up this popup and looking for a "localhost"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AydinBuyuktas, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Cannot choose another app for unknown file types

Trying to use Houdini network server HQueue.

I think It's interface needs a browser . Windows 10 showing up this popup and looking for a "localhost" file type. Is there any method to add a "choose another app" option so I can choose a browser.

Thanks

Cannot choose another app for unknown file types 0b89d6aa-938a-4b39-af30-444ef0e293fc?upload=true.jpg

:)

AydinBuyuktas, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Paula Rae Win User
    file type is not included in the list of types to choose from to associate a file with

in "Choose default apps by file type" in Windows 10, there are two file types that are not listed; how do I add a file type to the list so that I can associate that file type with a file. For example, I often receive a file that has a file type of .stmt
    and another fle with a file with the name viewdoc.file. They are both PDF files. But neither of these file types are available for me to choose from in the default list. How do I add them?

Paula Rae, Apr 5, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot choose another app for unknown file types

choose default apps by file type

Hi Sunil

Right click a file with that extension, choose 'Open with' - Choose Another App

Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If the app you want to use is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if the app is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate through file explorer to find the application you want to use

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot choose another app for unknown file types

1. Cannot choose another app for unknown file types - Similar Threads - Cannot choose another

2. "The program you selected cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The program you selected cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another.": Is this a bug? Is this specific to Windows 11? I can't imagine a circumstance where preventing the user from accessing a file using an application would be preferable to simply allowing the application to fail or error out. In this case I attempted to open a .ini file with...
  3. "The program you selected cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The program you selected cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another.": Is this a bug? Is this specific to Windows 11? I can't imagine a circumstance where preventing the user from accessing a file using an application would be preferable to simply allowing the application to fail or error out. In this case I attempted to open a .ini file with...
  4. I can't choose another file type to download an image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't choose another file type to download an image: So I saw this problem being addressed before too, but that was like way before so I need an updated solution on this. I wanted to download a photo not as a JPEG file, but as a PNG file and the option just doesn't show up. I've tried the "Choose default app by file type"...
  5. I can't choose another file type to download an image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't choose another file type to download an image: So I saw this problem being addressed before too, but that was like way before so I need an updated solution on this. I wanted to download a photo not as a JPEG file, but as a PNG file and the option just doesn't show up. I've tried the "Choose default app by file type"...
  6. I can't choose another file type to download an image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. unable to choose a default app to open a file type

unable to choose a default app to open a file type: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Education N OS Version: 10.0.18362 N/A Build 18362 7/‎17/‎2019 Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 I restored file mapping to default via Default Apps Setting "reset to Microsoft recommended defaults"...
  8. Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb)

Choose Default apps by File type (.laccdb): I had recently reinstalled Microsoft Windows 10 to try and fix the file associations. For the most part it fixed my issues. However, there is still one file association I have noticed that when trying to choose a default app by file type for (.laccdb) does not provide me the...
  9. 'Choose default apps by file type' broken for apps not associated with file type by system...

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Choose default apps by file type' broken for apps not associated with file type by system...: I previously asked a similar question before realizing the scale of the problem. I am running Windows 10 Home on a Surface Go. That is, I have successfully disabled S mode. I cannot set a default app unless it is 'Microsoft recommended' for a file type or protocol. An...
  10. choose default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    choose default apps by file type: I want .tif and .tiff files to be opened by MODI. MODI is installed on my computer but does not show up as an option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/choose-default-apps-by-file-type/a23e84d5-6337-4040-84b4-2b7902e0f665