Windows 10: Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Pro edition (without activation) in my PC and trying to install Windows 10 home since I have digital license key for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Eric448, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Eric448 Win User

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool

Hi,
    I have installed Windows 10 Pro edition (without activation) in my PC and trying to install Windows 10 home since I have digital license key for Home edition version. But I can't seem to choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition (default) from MediaCreationTool1809.exe. Anybody knows how to go about installing Windows 10 Home edition?

:)

Eric448, Apr 6, 2019

2. Media Creation Tool Edition Options?

How to create a ISO or USB drive.

Select Create installation media for another PC then click
    Next

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool aa690076-4d20-4a3b-a5f9-ecd93772d263.jpg

If you want to download a particular edition or both architectures, uncheck the
    Use the recommended option for this PC.

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool 677832f5-5724-4dc3-bac0-81406e0a8d06.jpg

Click in the Edition list box then choose your edition then click
    Next.

• Windows 10 - contains both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro editions.
    • Windows 10 N - only select this edition if you reside in
      Europe, it does not contain Windows Media Player. It contains Windows 10 Home N and Windows 10 Pro N.
    Please read the following: Fix
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Defaulting to Home Instead of Pro

WARNING: If you are running
    Windows 8.1 with Bing edition, please use the Microsoft TechBench website to download
    Windows 10 SL, see instructions further down in this article.

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool da85b8df-53b6-4f92-a6b9-ff80ea6be10d.png

Click in the list box and select your architecture or choose both if you have a thumbdrive big enough, click
    Next to start the download.

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool 6fc73d4c-8de4-450e-9c6c-e5ff0e03dc75.png

When you both from the install media, you will be offered the choice to select either Windows 10 Home or Pro:

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool dfae7170-9151-484e-af7a-be542e931601.png

If your computer came preinstalled with Windows 8, it will default to the corresponding edition, either Windows 10 Home or Pro.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Window 10 Pro does not appear as an option in Media Creation Tool

f you want to download a particular edition or both architectures, uncheck the Use the recommended option for this PC.

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool 35832c8a-39e2-43db-a336-051d4f146ca1.jpg

Click in the Edition list box then choose your edition then click Next.

• Windows 10 - contains both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro editions.
    • Windows 10 N - only select this edition if you reside in Europe, it does not contain Windows Media Player. It contains Windows 10 Home N and Windows 10 Pro N.
    Please read the following: Fix
    Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from Defaulting to Home Instead of Pro

WARNING: If you are running Windows 8.1 with Bing edition, please use the Microsoft TechBench website to download Windows 10 SL, see instructions further down in this article.

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool dfd1fe06-2126-4a80-8f29-05377a9c4421.png

Learn more:

How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation Tool or Directly Using your Web Browser

Andre Da Costa, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool Edition Options?

I am using the Media Creation Tool to Create installation media for another PC.

The only edition choices are:

Windows 10

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Windows 10 N

I am trying to create media for both 64 bit PRO and HOME.

Please explain the options.

The choices for architecture are:

Both

If you choose Both does it create a single media that can do both or two separate?

Thanks

tomhessick, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool

1. Cannot choose Windows 10 home option instead of Pro edition from Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Cannot choose home

2. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  3. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition: Made a USB installer from the Media Creation Tool. It doesn't give you an option for which version of Windows 10. It just says "Windows 10" and doesn't let you choose anything. What a useless dropdown box that was.I have two nearly identical computers from the hardware to the...
  4. Media Creation Tool USB Will Not Install Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home

Windows 10 Installation media creation tool, Downgrade from pro to home: Hello, so i have a laptop years ago and i somehow installed kms from windows 10 home to pro, but after recent updates i wanted to downgrade to windows 10 home with my original license. So i research and tried to reset my laptop twice, and now its still pro. i have backup all...
  6. windows home media creation tool

windows home media creation tool: Hi, I downloaded windows media creation tool to install the home edition on my laptop which licensed for this version but it keep giving me the windows pro edition instead. where I can get the home edition of windows...
  7. Education Edition Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Education Edition Media Creation Tool: Hello, I received CD-Key for Microsoft Windows 10 Education Edition from my college. I want to install this on my PC build I'm completing soon. I'm trying to make a USB thumb drive using the tool found here....
  8. Media Creation Tool installed 10 Pro instead of 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool installed 10 Pro instead of 10 Home: I was forced to "upgrade" to Windows 10 Home about 3 years ago. I've hated it since. I have been attempting to go back to Windows 7. I got back to Windows 7 and found my product key was no where to be found. My COA has been worn down and is illegible. That combined with the...
  9. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930
  10. Why there's no "PRO" eddition option in Windows Media Creation Tool?

Why there's no "PRO" eddition option in Windows Media Creation Tool?: I owned Windows 10 PRO, which is installed on my laptop right now. I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop (including DISKPART format) from bootable USB media, so I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's site. But when i'm getting to the part of...