Windows 10: Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.)

Discus and support Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I recently installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I am having an issue with clicking certain buttons. When I open the Mail app for the first time, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ztwhitman, Aug 24, 2015.

1. ztwhitman Win User

Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.)

So I recently installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I am having an issue with clicking certain buttons. When I open the Mail app for the first time, I click on the "+" sign to add an account and it will not let me click on the button ( Well i can click it but nothing happens). So I thought it was a problem with my Mail app and went to install it again via the app store and i couldnt click on the button to install the app labled "free." I have attached a picture with the types of buttons i cannot click. Please let me know if anyone is aware of this issue. This is a huge problem for me *Sad

Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.) [​IMG]

:)

ztwhitman, Aug 24, 2015

2. not able to download apps and games from store

I cannot get anything, apps, games, etc. from the Microsoft Store in my Windows 10. Whenever I find an app and click on the Get app button it looks like the Store background is trying to open but it is there only for an instant and I go right back to
    where I was. I tried it with all my spyware turned off and it still did not work.

Dan Wickham, Aug 24, 2015
  3. TimBoal Win User
    Window 10 update

After windows 10 update on my desktop computer missing some apps including ms windows store: I reinstalled windows 10 using the media creator and got some of the apps back that should come with windows (mail groove music etc) but still no store app so
    I cannot download any further apps.

TimBoal, Aug 24, 2015
  4. rmonroe36 Win User

Are you signing-in with an MS account?

Rich

rmonroe36, Aug 24, 2015
  5. ztwhitman Win User
    Rich, it wont even let me click the "Sign in" button

ztwhitman, Aug 24, 2015
  6. rmonroe36 Win User
    Are you saying you cannot access Settings > Accounts? From here you can manage/check your accounts.

rmonroe36, Aug 24, 2015
  7. ztwhitman Win User
    correct, even here where it says "sign in with a microsoft account" i can click it but nothing works. not sure why

ztwhitman, Aug 24, 2015
  8. Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.)

I was gonna suggest creating another user but if nothing happens when you left click its moot

what about using the tab key to cycle thru the buttons when it highlights one press enter

icpwolverine, Aug 24, 2015
  9. rmonroe36 Win User
    You may have to "refresh" your system. Before doing that you might try using "SFC /scannow" from a Command Prompt (Administrator). This might correct system file problems. Here is link on refresh:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-in-windows-10

Rich

Edit: If you need help with SFC, Brink's tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

rmonroe36, Aug 24, 2015
  10. WillWord Win User
    What Antivirus are you using? Possible conflicts, suggest you disable and see if it's your antivirus, make sure you enable Defender.

WillWord, Aug 24, 2015
  11. ztwhitman Win User
    I literally just installed Windows 10 so i didnt get around to even putting antivirus on it yet. not sure what the heck is going on.

ztwhitman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Click Certain Buttons in Windows 10 (App Store, Mail, Etc.) - Similar Threads - Cannot Click Certain

2. Windows Apps Windows Store, Xbox, Mail, Settings, etc Scrolling not working,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps Windows Store, Xbox, Mail, Settings, etc Scrolling not working,: Hello,Not sure when it started exactly, but the scroll bars in any of the Windows Apps, are not working. I'm unable to "Scroll down" to see more of the app. Scrolling in Chrome, Discord, Notepad, works perfectly fine, either by Mouse scroll wheel, or manually clicking the...
  3. Windows Apps Windows Store, Xbox, Mail, Settings, etc Scrolling not working,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Windows Store, Xbox, Mail, Settings, etc Scrolling not working,: Hello,Not sure when it started exactly, but the scroll bars in any of the Windows Apps, are not working. I'm unable to "Scroll down" to see more of the app. Scrolling in Chrome, Discord, Notepad, works perfectly fine, either by Mouse scroll wheel, or manually clicking the...
  4. Cannot download certain app in Microsoft Store

Cannot download certain app in Microsoft Store: Hello. I had no problem downloading apps from Microsoft store until recently; I've been unable to download a free app named "bluetooth audio receiver", and ONLY this app. Just to double check, I have installed a few apps Microsoft sudoku, bluetooth data receiver, send to...
  5. Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows preinstalled apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc.: I have an HP EliteDesk 800. I reset the PC and Windows reinstalled but without its regular apps like Store, Mail, Calendar, etc. I reset it again and same thing. I found there is a PowerShell command to run to install the whole package, but I get this error: [ATTACH]...
  6. Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open windows apps (calendar, store, calculator, etc): I went to download something through the windows app store and ran across this message: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings...
  7. Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open Mail app and Microsoft Store: After a Windows Update occurred on my computer I lost many programs and now I cannot use my "mail" icon Microsoft Store. Each time I press the icons nothing happens. I have attempted to restart my computer several times, logged out and logged back in, nothing. What can I...
  8. Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store: So not too long ago I bought the $1 pc pass for the xbox thing for pc games. I wanted to download The Outer Worlds but I can't click on the install button at all. And by at all, I mean that when I hover my mouse over the button it shows the error symbol like "not available."...
  9. Cannot Click Certain Buttons On Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Click Certain Buttons On Browser: I have a particular Web page where I fill in various check boxes/radio buttons and then click on "Enter". diy network blog cabin 2015 sweepstakes entry | DIY Network Blog Cabin Giveaway | DIY All of the actions work except the latter. I fill in the form and clicking...
  10. Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch: Not a single Windows 10 App works (store Mail Weather Goove etc.) Every attempt is followed by this in Event Viewer for System: The server microsoft.windowslive.mail did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. and for Applications: Activation of app...