Windows 10: Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So not too long ago I bought the $1 pc pass for the xbox thing for pc games. I wanted to download The Outer Worlds but I can't click on the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LovableBoon, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store

So not too long ago I bought the $1 pc pass for the xbox thing for pc games. I wanted to download The Outer Worlds but I can't click on the install button at all. And by at all, I mean that when I hover my mouse over the button it shows the error symbol like "not available." So far I have tried updating the store to the latest version and also windows 10 itself but it's still having the same issue. I have also unlinked older devices from my account but that hasn't changed anything. I did however notice that under the install button (or buy) it says that administrator status is needed to install, but my account already has the highest admin status you can have. Not really sure what else to do!

submitted by /u/LovableBoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LovableBoon, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Install Button on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Based on your post about no install button on Microsoft Store, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Does this issue happen only on that particular app only?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried checking other apps if they don't have install button also?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Anup Karkal on this

link
    and check if it will work.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store

windows 10 store no install button

Hi Kim,

Sorry for getting back to you late.

I would suggest you to clear cache memory from Windows Store by following steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run window
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

Now try to open Windows Store and see if you see the same behavior.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store

1. Cannot click install button on Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot click install

2. Install button goes grey when I click on it in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install button goes grey when I click on it in Microsoft Store: Im trying to download something in the Microsoft Store, but when I click install the button just goes grey and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-button-goes-grey-when-i-click-on-it-in/face23a4-cb36-4db5-b7d5-bfcd8aaf5729
  3. Microsoft Store not installing any apps, after clicking on Install button it is loading and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not installing any apps, after clicking on Install button it is loading and...: Hi,I have Windows 11 Home Single language. Am facing issue with Microsoft store which is not installing any apps from the store. Once if install button is clicked, it is loading to start install process but not installing and that button came to it's starting phase as...
  4. Microsoft Store not installing any apps, after clicking on Install button it is loading and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing any apps, after clicking on Install button it is loading and...: Hi,I have Windows 11 Home Single language. Am facing issue with Microsoft store which is not installing any apps from the store. Once if install button is clicked, it is loading to start install process but not installing and that button came to it's starting phase as...
  5. Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.: Hello, I was on Minecraft and noticed i wasn't signed in, so I clicked the sign in button but it didn't do anything. I went to the Xbox app to see if I could sign in from there, I clicked the sign in button but it did nothing. I even went to the Microsoft app store to try it...
  6. Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.: Hello, I was on Minecraft and noticed i wasn't signed in, so I clicked the sign in button but it didn't do anything. I went to the Xbox app to see if I could sign in from there, I clicked the sign in button but it did nothing. I even went to the Microsoft app store to try it...
  7. Cannot Click The "Sign In" button on Xbox, Microsoft Store, Or Minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft Store freezes when I click install button

Microsoft Store freezes when I click install button: please help me solve microsoft store problem its freezing and when i click install it freezes , and i showing downloading in start but its not moving ,so i tried to uninstall its not getting uninstalled I tried every thing it not working please help meChiraag...
  9. Microsoft store hangs on clicking install button

Microsoft store hangs on clicking install button: I can open and search the apps in Microsoft app store but when I click on install button the app is freezing and I am not able to anything. I tried running the windows trouble shooter and clear app store cache as suggested here nothing worked. Request your help to sort...
  10. In microsoft store the install/free button is not highlighted or cannot be selected for...

In microsoft store the install/free button is not highlighted or cannot be selected for...: [ATTACH]here i cant select or click on the free button not only for whatsapp desktop , this problem occurs for some apps please help me to fix it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant click free windows store

2. microsoft store cant press install button

3. microsoft store can not click on install button

4. cannot click on install microsoft store