Windows 10: Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working

Discus and support Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, The title pretty much sums it up. When I go to "Sounds" and go to the recording tab it freezes the window and I have to either force... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oxRoiikkaxo, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working

Hi guys,

The title pretty much sums it up.

When I go to "Sounds" and go to the recording tab it freezes the window and I have to either force close it through Device Manager or close it through the right -click menu on the taskbar (which I am glad I can as it has made the troubleshooting I have done so far extremely easy ..

I noticed this problem right after the November Feature Update. I am leaning towards that it's a problem that needs to be fixed through an update and I know you guys must be busy since the update just rolled out most recently.

Is there anything that can be done in the meantime?

Things I have done (that I can remember):

sfc /scannow

reinstall main on-board and main virtual soundcard drivers and roll them back

recording device troubleshooting

laptop power reset (hold button for 15 seconds with all electricity disconnected and so on and so forth)

simple attempts at repairs, fixes, etc. .. Nothing too fancy.

i7 HP 8750p

Windows 10

Nothing like Stardock WindowBlinds running .. ..

Do I need to just wait and hope for a Windows Update that will fix this ? What things can I do to, let's say, "refresh the recording devices panel GUI registry entries" or something similar of a fix ?

Thanks in advance,

- Kikka

:)

oxRoiikkaxo, Dec 16, 2018

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 16, 2018
  3. Device Manager > Sound > Recording "flickering"

Hi,

When you said you disabled it, did you actually disable the device by going to
    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
    > Recording, then right-clicking on the device and clicking on
    Disable? Also, have you tried to plug in another recording device to check if it will exhibit the same problem?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working

Sound Recorder not recording sound from Internet after 10 upgrade

Well, this is bizarre. Normally, in Windows, you would go to Control Panel > Sound > Recording tab, and then select your sound card / chipset as the default recording device. Then, any application you use to record with would record sounds that are playing on your computer. However, I just checked in Windows 10 and there is no option to select your sound card, only mic and line-in inputs. In Goldwave (a program I've used for years, and the one I would normally use to record sounds playing on my PC), there is an option to select a recording device (which accomplishes the same thing as doing it through Control Panel > Sounds), and I just checked that, and there are no devices to select. Another method of selecting the recording device used to be via the volume mixer, where you could place a checkmark in a box to select the device you wanted to record with; "stereo mix" or "mono mix" is what would select your sound card. I see that the volume mixer in Windows 10 has been dumbed down, i.e., it has no options at all other than adjusting volume.

Did Windows 10 eliminate the option to record from your sound card? Can some other people who are running Windows 10 check in Control Panel > Sound > Recording tab to see if their sound card / chipset is listed as an option? It may be the case that my sound chipset on this motherboard doesn't support direct recording, though I've never seen one that didn't. This motherboard is new, and I only had a previous version of Windows (Windows 7) on it long enough to upgrade to Windows 10, so I don't know if the option was there in Windows 7 on this hardware or not.

MaximRecoil, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working

1. Cannot Click on Recording Devices, Sound Panel, Everything Else Working - Similar Threads - Cannot Click Recording

2. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  3. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel: so i kind of messed up with my previous audio driver and accidentally choose line in for my earphone, now i cant remove it from anywhere, even the sound control panel, if anyone can help that would be great, thanks....
  4. how to delete/remove recording device in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?: I'm using a USB microphone called JBL quantum chat its a headset . It is supposed to appear in my input or recording devices as JBL quantum chat but it doesn't. For some reason it does work occasionally. The audio works, but the microphone dosent I also figured out that its...
  6. I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...

I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...: I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on recording, and no audio devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-go-to-hardware-and-sound-in-control-panel-and/93609bd3-bd00-45fe-bd5c-6b9f4ebd0961
  7. I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on...: I go to hardware and sound in control panel and click on manage audio devices and click on recording, and no audio devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-go-to-hardware-and-sound-in-control-panel-and/93609bd3-bd00-45fe-bd5c-6b9f4ebd0961
  8. Control sound panel<Recording tap not working

Control sound panel<Recording tap not working: I just turn on my pc and Bitdefender me notify of cleaning a virus I thought of it was just a normal clean but then when I open sound settings then recording it's not responding or registering I do it's just frozen....
  9. Mic works with Skype and Sound Recording, but not anywhere else

Mic works with Skype and Sound Recording, but not anywhere else: Hi everyone, I'm facing a rather annoying and intriguing issue with my microphone. I'm currently running the latest Win10 build 2004, and I just can't get my mic to work with Google Meet, Xbox Game Bar, or even under Mic Settings! In fact, it only works when I use Skype...
  10. Cannot Record Audio Sound

Cannot Record Audio Sound: Hello I cannot record/capture the audio sound playing from a media player on my laptop desktop. However, the recording software's i've tried using (Audacity) (Total Recorder) picks-up/records the sound from the TV or any other sound in the room. For some reason unknown...