Windows 10: Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

Discus and support Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last week the computer has gone into a mode where the taskbar and window interaction icons cannot be clicked. Chrome tabs cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vs_366, Oct 12, 2020.

1. vs_366 Win User

Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

Since the last week the computer has gone into a mode where the taskbar and window interaction icons cannot be clicked.
    Chrome tabs cannot be interacted with. Keyboard navigation works. The Mouse doesn't seem to have anything to do with it-- neither external mouse nor touchpad work, and the mouse is the same one I've been using since I got the computer last year.

I did a few things suggested by the forums here for similar issues, like restoring a clean image from command prompt, checking drivers, installing updates etc.

Neither restarts nor ending processes like explorer.exe and starting them again work.

The only thing that does work?
    Weirdly enough, the moment I open command prompt in administrator mode, I can work normally on the rest of the desktop, I can then close it till the problem recurs and I have to do it again.

command prompt in regular mode doesn't work, it has to be administrator mode, and I don't even have to type any commands.

:)

vs_366, Oct 12, 2020
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize

Are you missing the standard process to maximize a minimized screen?

When I have a screen reduced, Smaller than full screen, in other words I have clicked on the double squares in the upper right, I can click in the - and close it to the taskbar and if I click on the icon on the taskbar it opens in the smaller size. If I
    want it to be full screen I click on the square icon in the upper right. If the screen was at full size when I minimize to the taskbar and I click on the icon on the taskbar it opens to full screen.

This is working on 17763.104 and 18272.1000.

lacrumb, Oct 12, 2020
  3. shevanel Win User
    win 7 aero minimize/maximize question

You know how the icons on the taskbar seem to have the effect of like a genie going into a bottle whenever you minimize something? Is there a way to decrease/increase the rate at which speed min/maximizes like on a mac?

shevanel, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize

Once the window is minimized obviously it is minimized over taskbar to be accessible again. State of the window could be sized or maximized.

Clicking on it does not maximize or restore to original state. Happens randomly.

Bala.Sundaram, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

1. Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons - Similar Threads - Cannot click taskbar

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  5. Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows

Randomly Cannot Click Icons on Taskbar and/or Minimize, Maximize or Close Windows: Hello,For about a month or so now, I cannot remember exactly when, my computer randomly will not let me click on any pinned icons on the taskbar and even minimize/close open windows. I have a brand new computer with Windows 11 Home so this is very frustrating, to say the...
  6. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  7. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  8. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  9. settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close"

in Windows 10 Support
    settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close": guys im having a problem or maybe its just the way the build is. windows 10 1803 17134.165 in settings at the top right i cannot see "minimize,close...its dark i am using the dark theme but they used to be "white in the top corner" see screenshot [img] 114176
  10. settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close"

settings "cannot see minimize,maximize,close": guys im having a problem or maybe its just the way the build is. windows 10 1803 17134.165 in settings at the top right i cannot see "minimize,close...its dark i am using the dark theme but they used to be "white in the top corner" see screenshot [img] 114176