Windows 10: Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar.

Discus and support Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar. in Cortana to solve the problem; I am unable to access the search bar on my taskbar. I cannot click it at all. Cortana and the Windows button still work.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MarbleDrop11582, May 28, 2021.

1. Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar.

I am unable to access the search bar on my taskbar. I cannot click it at all. Cortana and the Windows button still work.

:)

MarbleDrop11582, May 28, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 28, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 28, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar.

1. Cannot Click/Use Windows Search Bar. - Similar Threads - Cannot Click Search

2. Search Bar Auto Click issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar Auto Click issue: Hi, I am unsure what happens as currently whenever I click on my search bar, it auto clicks out and the tab immediately closes. The other functions on my laptop worked fine as I initially thought that it was due to a faulty touchpad. I also though it was a software patch...
  3. Search Bar Auto Click issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Auto Click issue: Hi, I am unsure what happens as currently whenever I click on my search bar, it auto clicks out and the tab immediately closes. The other functions on my laptop worked fine as I initially thought that it was due to a faulty touchpad. I also though it was a software patch...
  4. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  5. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  6. [SOLVED] Cannot click inside File Explorer Search Bar or Start Menu Search Bar in Windows...

in Cortana
    [SOLVED] Cannot click inside File Explorer Search Bar or Start Menu Search Bar in Windows...: I noticed yesterday that I could not click inside the Search Bar on the taskbar the default "Type here to search" remains when I click inside the field, as well as the Search Bar in File Explorer, so I cannot do any searches. Cortana seems to still work but I really don't...
  7. Cannot click inside File Explorer Search Bar or Start Menu Search Bar in Windows 10 v2004

in Cortana
    Cannot click inside File Explorer Search Bar or Start Menu Search Bar in Windows 10 v2004: I noticed yesterday that I could not click inside the Search Bar on the taskbar the default "Type here to search" remains when I click inside the field, as well as the Search Bar in File Explorer, so I cannot do any searches. Cortana seems to still work but I really don't...
  8. Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.

in Cortana
    Cannot use search or address bars in Windows.: I cannot use any search bars, etc. This is Win 10 latest edition with update. I have tried a number of fixes as published in the Microsoft community help pages as follows: 1) did the text services framework in task scheduler 2) did a task manager restart 3)" Reregistered"...
  9. Unable to click Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Unable to click Windows 10 search bar: I made a short video of the issue here: https://youtu.be/Bi47jEYQhmw Hopefully it helps, I thought it was maybe my keys sticking. This has happened once before for me on windows, though I believe it was on my laptop and the issue resolved itself, as far as I can remember....
  10. cannot click on searched for programs

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot click on searched for programs: Hi, Whenever I search for a program in Start Menu, I cannot click on it. And I cannot right-click on it either. It's stuck like that. Everything else works correctly. For some reason not all programs act like that. For instance, when searching for it, I cannot click on...