Windows 10: "cannot communicate with scanner"

Discus and support "cannot communicate with scanner" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For years I've used an epson V100 scanner, but I got frustrated at frequent messages saying "cannot communicate with scanner" and trying different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by john-errington, Jun 25, 2022.

1. "cannot communicate with scanner"

For years I've used an epson V100 scanner, but I got frustrated at frequent messages saying "cannot communicate with scanner" and trying different drivers for this old equipment.So I bought a V39 scanner which although new is not a big improvement.Installed on my Windows 11 machine and - I'm getting the same issue.Yet the scanner does respond to the PC so it clearly IS communicating.I've discovered that WIA is marked as automatic trigger startrestarting that service seems to enable the scanner to communicate. However I'd LIKE it to just work when I launch the app, without diving into serv

:)

john-errington, Jun 25, 2022

2. Computer/Scanner Communication

I have a HP laptop running Windows 10 and an Epson WF-2630 Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner. I am able to print but unable to scan documents. I keep getting a message that there is no scanner connected to the computer. I have downloaded every update I could
    find for the laptop, Windows 10 and the printer. While the scanner is now listed under printer and devices in my settings menu (it didn't initially) the computer still isn't communicating with the scan function of my printer. Any suggestions on what to do
    would be greatly appreciated.

Angela_987, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Brother scanner not communicating with Windows 10

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why this issue is happening. Since the troubleshooting steps provided wasn't able to resolve the issue, let's try other possible solutions to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

Solution 1: Printers & scanner Settings

• Open Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Look for your scanner, then click it.
    • Select Manage, and click troubleshooter and run the troubleshooter.
    Solution 1: Uninstall/Reinstall device drivers

• Type Device Manager in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Look for the driver for the scanner, then press right-click.
    • Select Properties, go to Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall
    • Restart computer.
    • If the issue still persists, we suggest to get the latest available driver for your device from the manufacturers website. For more reference on how to download drivers from the manufacturer website, click on this
      link.
    Let us know if it works.

Martin Bar, Jun 25, 2022
  4. "cannot communicate with scanner"

How do I get my PC and Scanner to communicate.

Hi, Kenneth.

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you the best way we can.

I would also suggest that you try the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Left click at Start button > select Settings > select Devices > click Add a printer or scanner > the system will start looking for it and if found, it will start adding your sanner to your Printers & Scanners list below.

Method 2: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next”button and your hardware troubleshooting will start

Method 3: I would like to suggest that you check in Device Manager and check if the driver for the scanner is available. To open Device Manager right click on the Start Menu and locate click on it.

If the Driver is not available in Device manager then I would recommend that you visit the manufacturer of the scanner and download and install the latest driver. If not then install it in Compatibility mode

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

"cannot communicate with scanner"

1. "cannot communicate with scanner" - Similar Threads - cannot communicate scanner

2. The system cannot communicate with battery.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system cannot communicate with battery.: The system cannot communicate with your battery.This message keeps coming up.Please guide me how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-cannot-communicate-with-battery/4f00d426-93e2-4ca5-b00d-68bdb47a58df
  3. The system cannot communicate with battery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system cannot communicate with battery.: The system cannot communicate with your battery.This message keeps coming up.Please guide me how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-cannot-communicate-with-battery/4f00d426-93e2-4ca5-b00d-68bdb47a58df
  4. Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner: This post is to add information. I have read many other posts where owners of scanners are no longer able to access the scanner.Suggestions include rebooting, deleting and re-installing, making sure drivers are up to date, disabling the firewall, restarting Windows Image...
  5. Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner: This post is to add information. I have read many other posts where owners of scanners are no longer able to access the scanner.Suggestions include rebooting, deleting and re-installing, making sure drivers are up to date, disabling the firewall, restarting Windows Image...
  6. "cannot communicate with scanner"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "cannot communicate with scanner": For years I've used an epson V100 scanner, but I got frustrated at frequent messages saying "cannot communicate with scanner" and trying different drivers for this old equipment.So I bought a V39 scanner which although new is not a big improvement.Installed on my Windows 11...
  7. how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate?: I had to read the pamphlet, which no one tells you to do. It's actually the instructions. Go figure! Okay, so when you purchase a new scanner such as a Lide like I did, and the thing makes a noise, but you cannot get it to communicate with your computer,, this is NOT an...
  8. Windows no longer fully communicates with my printer/scanner

Windows no longer fully communicates with my printer/scanner: After the December 2020 Win10 20H2-OS update, my computer any of the computers on my network, actually no longer fully communicates with my Canon MF8350Cdn printer/scanner. I can print wirelessly across my network just fine, but the error code when I attempt to scan across...
  9. Cannot connect to scanner

Cannot connect to scanner: Has anyone else lost their scanner, thanks to a recent Windows update? My network-connected Brother MFC-440CN was working perfectly with the Win 7 suite but, just recently, I can no longer scan using my desktop machine. I can still scan using my laptop but if the port is...
  10. Epson Scan cannot Communicate.

Epson Scan cannot Communicate.: I have two different Epson Photo Flat Bed Scanners. models V330 and V370 photo . When attempting to use, both models show a box that says ... . I have deleted the app and reinstalled with no success on either flat bed scanner . I have unchecked compatibility mode....