Windows 10: Cannot communicate with Windows Update server no matter what I try

Discus and support Cannot communicate with Windows Update server no matter what I try in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I got my laptop reinstalled and right afterwards I made some uninstallations, e.g. all Windows Features and most of the programs, including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jmss, Oct 4, 2019.

1. jmss Win User

Cannot communicate with Windows Update server no matter what I try

Hi,

I got my laptop reinstalled and right afterwards I made some uninstallations, e.g. all Windows Features and most of the programs, including programs from the Windows Store and Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables, etc.

After that I was no longer able to check for updates (I don't remember if, when I received the computer I tried updating, I think I did not). At first, the updates would download but after reaching 100% they would go to 0% and start again. Now it can't even connect:

"We ran into a problem while connecting to the Windows Update service. We'll try to connect again later, or you can select Retry now."

I've tried sfc /scannnow (in safe mode), dsi.exe, removing catroot2, windows updates dirs, troubleshooter.

I've tried all solutions I could find in the Internet.

I installed all MS visual c++ redistr. for all years 2005, 2008, ...... 2019. reinstalled most windows features.

Cannot reinstall .NET features, I get an error.

This should be a simple identifiable error, what's wrong with this?

:)

jmss, Oct 4, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Prepares Update for Windows Home Server

Microsoft's Windows Home Server officially launched earlier this month, is already preparing to be updated. Microsoft says that the new update is "part of the ongoing process of continually enhancing the customer experience with Windows Home Server." The update includes a few feature additions for Windows Home Server. Currently, users who login to their server when away from their home network - through an external URL like https://yourname.homeserver.com - are greeted with a security warning. The November 27 update will now provide users with a trusted SSL certificate for their Windows Home Severs. The SSL certification was provided with the help of Windows Live Domains and GoDaddy. Other new features include a "Delete All" button to remove home computer backups. Microsoft has also taken steps to make the Shared Folders and Server Storage aspects of Windows Home Server more robust and user friendly.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Error: Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary dns server)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving the error Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server) while running the network troubleshooter. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article to know Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try changing the IPv4 settings and see if that helps. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now right click on the
      network adapter i.e., Ethernet/WIFI and select
      Properties
    4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on
      Properties.
    5. On the General tab click on the
      radio button next to Obtain an IP address automatically
      and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
    6. Now click on OK.
    7. Restart the PC.

If the above method does not work, try the next method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to try resetting the network settings and check. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Click on the Search Bar on the bottom left hand corner and type
      CMD.
    2. Now right click on it and click on
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now type in the below commands one by one:
      ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

4. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Communicating with the DNS server

Since you got the error "unable to contact your DHCP server", this could be due to a disabled DHCP client. We suggest following these steps to enable it:

• Click Start.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Find DHCP Client from the list of services and check the status.
    • If DHCP Client isn't running, right-click it and choose
      Start.
    • The DHCP Client Startup type should be
      Automatic. If it's not, double-click it, choose Automatic.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Check if you can use the ipconfig /renew command after enabling the DHCP Client. If you're still unable to connect to the Internet after this, we recommend uninstalling your network
    adapter driver by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Device manager.
    • Click the arrow beside Network adapters and double-click your network adapter.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall device.
    • Restart your computer. This will prompt Windows to automatically reinstall the correct driver.

Let us know what happens after enabling the DHCP Client and reinstalling the network adapter driver.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot communicate with Windows Update server no matter what I try - Similar Threads - Cannot communicate Update

2. I cannot get updates to install, no matter what is done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get updates to install, no matter what is done.: I need an simple answer to this, will update KB5034441 get resolved soon?Microsoft tech help, only in the end, has stated the issue with KB5034441 is 'being worked on' and thatthe latest update KB5001716 will not install until the previous issues for KB5034441 is...
  3. I cannot get updates to install, no matter what is done.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get updates to install, no matter what is done.: I need an simple answer to this, will update KB5034441 get resolved soon?Microsoft tech help, only in the end, has stated the issue with KB5034441 is 'being worked on' and thatthe latest update KB5001716 will not install until the previous issues for KB5034441 is...
  4. I cannot get updates to install, no matter what is done.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Numerous BSOD crashes, cannot seem to fix no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Numerous BSOD crashes, cannot seem to fix no matter what I try: I've been having numerous blue screens, I can repeat it by launching any game at any time. Some of these errors are Kmode exception not handledPage Fault in Nonpaged AreaRT640x64.sys System thread exception not handledNtkrnlmp.exeand sometimes the bsod will occur during start...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 Update Will Not Install No Matter What I Try

Windows 10 20H2 Update Will Not Install No Matter What I Try: I am having an issue installing the 20H2 Update and have been for a while. It is now to the point where Windows is telling me if I don't update, my current version will no longer be supported. I have been going through previous threads and answers on this forum to try and get...
  7. Windows Update KB4579311 will not install, no matter what I try!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update KB4579311 will not install, no matter what I try!!: Working on a Windows 10 64 bit PC. I’ve tried using Windows Updates to install this particular update, and each time it fails. I even tried downloading the manual update itself, and the update fails. I haven’t run into an issue of an update not installing like this before....
  8. Windows cannot communicate with the Primary DNS Server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot communicate with the Primary DNS Server: So recently as I've moved home and switch to WiFi, I've been getting a heap of DNS issues with my machine. Every 10-15 minutes it'll randomly stay connected to the WiFi and report that there's no connection to the DNS this is reported by chrome, and the troubleshooter...
  9. Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.

Updat is not possible. No matter what i try.: I try to update Windows10 fore months now. But nothing works. Not even the windows10 on a USB and start the computer from the USB stick and repair it from there. If you ask me. I think that my computer is hacked and under control by other poeple. If my computer is in...
  10. dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns server problem will not resolve no matter what i try , please help: hi all , out of the blue all of a sudden i keep getting the server not found come up intermittently every time i load a page on any website , this happens constantly and i have been trying solved and fixed methods others on google and youtuber videos have suggested such as...