Windows 10: Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

Discus and support Cannot complete update/Undoing changes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zyzigus, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Zyzigus Win User

Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However, since then, when I try to install an update, an error message tells me "We couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer." What can I do to prevent this from continuing?

:)

Zyzigus, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Apr 24, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot complete update/Undoing changes :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes - Similar Threads - Cannot complete update

2. Unable to complete the update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete the update undoing changes: All my systems in my office will not update and gives me the error undoing changes. I have tried many things on the web but to no avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-undoing-changes/0629ff89-f37a-4ea4-be87-67cf778324c2
  3. Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes

Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes: Hello everyone, So I have been trying for a month or 2 to install a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2, that update being KB5000802. Last update I could install was on February 24 KB4023057. Everytime I try to restart my pc and install the cumulative one...
  4. “We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes." and cannot enable Windows Update on...

“We couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes." and cannot enable Windows Update on...: After updating my Lenovo ideapad 320 Windows 10, I got for the first time the "we couldn't complete the updates" message, and cannot get out of that screen. With that said, I've tried almost every solution I've found online like troubleshooting but none of them work, and the...
  5. Couldn't Complete Updates. Undoing Changes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn't Complete Updates. Undoing Changes.: My laptop forced an update while I was in the shower, and for some reason it froze up my lock screen and I couldn't get to the sign-in screen. So I did a hard reboot and got a blue screen that says, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your...
  6. Couldn't complete update undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Couldn't complete update undoing changes: Hi This ia the third time I am getting ba comment as in title. While trying to dobthe available updates, the system updates for sometime and the. Shows undoing changes. Pleas help me fix this. Also the system goes unresponsive quite often in the recent times. May it be a...
  7. Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes

Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes: This issue started specifically with KB4566782 (error code 0x800f0922), but I uninstalled the previous couple of updates and then tried to reinstall them (incase they had been installed incorrectly before), but now I’m getting the same error even trying to reinstall those...
  8. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer" I've tried doing manual hard reset power off and then on 3 times to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop....
  9. We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.

We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.: I’ve already tried resetting my windows. In windows update settings there is error showing: ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’. PC info: OS Build 17763.316 Version: 1809 After resetting windows, windows updates which I can see in control...
  10. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

"Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes": Hey there, new to this sub. Last night my PC updated. When I tried to log on this morning, my PC made it to 87%, hovered there, and then gave me the error message from the title. I then restarted and did it all over again. I'm not very experienced with computers, so any...