Windows 10: Cannot completing the updated of the windows.

Discus and support Cannot completing the updated of the windows. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, can i know what should i do if my screen turned to be like this? i've tried to force shutting down by press the on/off button for 3 times within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AShzna, Oct 24, 2020.

1. AShzna Win User

Cannot completing the updated of the windows.

hello, can i know what should i do if my screen turned to be like this? i've tried to force shutting down by press the on/off button for 3 times within 5-10 seconds.. and there's no other option that i can click like how you instructed to others before.. it just said " NO BOOTABLE DEVICE -- PLEASE RESTART SYSTEM"

is this happen because of when i wanted to shut down the laptop, i accidentally clicked on the update and shut down button and my battery was running low and it black out for a moment interrupted? But after that, i hurriedly switch on the charger and i tried to restart and it's all good. but a day after it, it become like this..

please help me.. Cannot completing the updated of the windows. [​IMG]

:)

AShzna, Oct 24, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot completing the updated of the windows. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 "Couldn't complete updates"

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to go to Windows services and restart the Windows Update service and check if it helps. Follow the below steps to do so.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + R and type “services.msc” (without quotes)
    • Hit Enter.
    • Search for Windows Update service in the list.
    • Right Click on it and stop it.
    • Again right click on it and start it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 24, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot completing the updated of the windows. - Similar Threads - Cannot completing updated

2. Cannot complete 2024-01 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot complete 2024-01 update: 2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034123 will not complete. Message says to restart my computer. I have restarted it at least 15 times over the past week, but still shows pending restart. How do I get the update to complete?Here is...
  3. Cannot complete 2024-01 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot complete 2024-01 update: 2024-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034123 will not complete. Message says to restart my computer. I have restarted it at least 15 times over the past week, but still shows pending restart. How do I get the update to complete?Here is...
  4. Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,: Hello,So I am having trouble installing the 22H2 update.Whenever making an attempt to install, the following happens:-Installs-Prompts for restart which I allow to proceed-Exits windows and goes to "Updates are underway. x% complete. Please keep your computer on."-Once that...
  5. Win10 cannot complete the update, and blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 cannot complete the update, and blue screen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uWrRNb6X0EWdX9V0fGo3BWzBCc7etzBP/view?usp=sharingThe above file is a blue screen log fileAfter win10 is updated, the blue screen is displayed after restarting, showing that the update cannot be completed, and the changes are being undonethanks...
  6. Windows cannot complete updates

Windows cannot complete updates: Hello,When my computer needs to download a Windows 10 update, it downloads it all fine. I restart, it then gets ready and shuts off. Computer turns on, launches windows and it updates. Then it goes to 99% and then says "Cannot complete updates, undoing changes" and then the...
  7. cannot complete updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot complete updates: every couple days my auto update tries to run, but it's always "cannot complete updates, undoing changes." I've never had this problem before in the years i've had my pc. Any ideas?...
  8. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete update/Undoing changes: After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However,...
  9. coprocessor is gone....completely. cannot update windows.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    coprocessor is gone....completely. cannot update windows.: My Compaq Presario CQ50-210US had a problem with the coprocessor. I tried to update the drivers for it and it disappeared from my "other devices" slot. I have researched this online but have not found any answers. Now my Windows updates don't work. It took me forever just to...
  10. Windows cannot complete installation

Windows cannot complete installation: Hi, I've getting this error after completing setup of Windows 10 (education edition) can anyone help? I've tried the mmc and msoobe fixes but they are not helping. MMC results in error message Class not registered and msobe does not do anything, just goes to a new line...