Windows 10: cannot configure printer with new computer with upgraded windows 10

Discus and support cannot configure printer with new computer with upgraded windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased a new computer last week and now cannot print on my old, previously fully functioning printer HP officejet 4620. I have repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaroleG-Canada, Jan 25, 2021.

1. cannot configure printer with new computer with upgraded windows 10

I purchased a new computer last week and now cannot print on my old, previously fully functioning printer HP officejet 4620. I have repeatedly downloaded the software to the new computer & the print jobs get stuck in the queue. I cannot easily erase them from the queue I previously accessed system32 - spooler to erase jobs. some times the printer appears to hold on to jobs & print them 5 hours later a lovely surprise. I clicked the option for windows to detect the printer; which did not appear to help.

It is absolutely impossible to print from outlook although if it is a lucky day! I can print from yahoo; which suggests to me that the problem is with windows.

Scanning is inconsistent & cumbersome. I can no longer use the display on the printer but have to activate scanning from the computer programme.

the old computer with windows 10 continues to be able to print.

I do not want to purchase a new printer because of a software problem from windows.

there are few words to express my frustration with this whole exercise and the hours spent tried to circumvent this problem...during COVID ... and a full lock down in my region.

:)

CaroleG-Canada, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Connecting Printer to 2 Ethernet computers !

Welcome to TenForums!

First, I would suggest installing the actual driver package from Brother. While the printer may work with the fairly generic drivers that come with Windows 10, I've always found that I get better results from the actual Brother drivers.

I have a rather old Brother printer so the exact steps may be a bit different from yours, but in my case when I install the drivers it will search the network for available printers and allow me to specify the printer that it finds. If it does not find a printer, it may ask you to initially setup the printer via a direct connection (USB), and then configure the printer for network use (WiFi).

In any case, the installation wizard should guide you through the steps.

hsehestedt, Jan 25, 2021
  4. cannot configure printer with new computer with upgraded windows 10

HP Printer will not print since Windows 10 upgrade

I am at my the end of my tether. I have tried everything and nothing is working. The printer has not printed anything since my upgrade to Windows 10.

What I have done so far:

• Up dated the driver for Windows 10 _HP Photosmart C4783. The HP Solution Center shows my printer is connected.
    • Deselected that network item listed in previous posts in the configure port window.
    • Reloaded the drivers.
    • reconfigured the Wireless network via the HP install app.
    • Ran the trouble shooter. It cannot repair the issue.
    My next step is to throw the printer away and buy a new one.

Please help

Speedemon-SA, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

cannot configure printer with new computer with upgraded windows 10

1. cannot configure printer with new computer with upgraded windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot configure printer

2. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows 10 x64 on an HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF pc with a bootable usb drive made with rufus on a UEFI pc. After getting though all of the options it eventually halts and displays the error message [Windows could not update the computer’s...
  3. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows 10 x64 on an HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF pc with a bootable usb drive made with rufus on a UEFI pc. After getting though all of the options it eventually halts and displays the error message [Windows could not update the computer’s...
  4. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot configure new computer help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot configure new computer help: Just purchased laptop last night i tried setting up my Microsoft account on my laptop. the first time i tried to put it was fine it asked the second time to configure my laptop and said the password was wrong, it was the correct password i know because i double checked i also...
  6. All printers cannot print "Printer Configuration"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All printers cannot print "Printer Configuration": Last night I tried printing to PDF which I have done on numerous occasions. The printer selection window popped up with the message "Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x800700e" If I change the printer the same message occurs. I tried...
  7. printer issues on new windows 10 computer

printer issues on new windows 10 computer: everything is printing with a background https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-issues-on-new-windows-10-computer/fa8a32ad-02ed-4943-83d8-28c8bc69e3c0
  8. Printer configuration

Printer configuration: Wireless Printer is showing connected but when I try to print, it shows the message..."your printer has experienced a configuration issue" . How do I fix this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-configuration/a06946e2-cf38-45ca-b848-159033dd6239
  9. Printer configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer configuration: Bonjour Je n'arrive pas à refaire fonctionner mon imprimante EPSON ET 4500 suite à une mise à jour Windows 10. Après plusieurs réinstallations du pilote, il est toujours indisponible. L'application Scanner fonctionne correctement. Merci de m'indiquer comment faire. EV...
  10. Printer configuration with Windows 10

Printer configuration with Windows 10: I have two printers---Brother MFC7860DW and Brother MFC 7360N. I downloaded the printer drivers for each. I ran each program to install. During the installation, it asked if I wanted to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I chose the USB connection and...