Windows 10: cannot configure updates

Discus and support cannot configure updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have wasted days worth of computer time trying to get the latest feature updates to install. I get 100% install and 100% configuration; I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by christinecrook, Oct 5, 2019.

1. cannot configure updates

I have wasted days worth of computer time trying to get the latest feature updates to install. I get 100% install and 100% configuration; I can download the various security updates. But the feature upgrades, 1809 and 1903, keep failing over and over. I believe I have tried every suggestion I can find online but I still keep getting demands to upgrade in that my version of Windows is going out of support.
    It is not the first time I have tried it but just tried again an inplace upgrade using the media creation tool The failure occurs at 40% with a failure in "First_Boot phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation
    At this point the only thing I am doing is rescheduling the upgrade or it will just keep sitting there for installing and failing, tying up my computer for hours on end.
    Do I need this damn upgrade for Windows 10 to still function well? If I don't can someone please tell me how to achieve it or to stop it from trying to install.
    Thanks

:)

christinecrook, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Oct 5, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond cannot configure updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 5, 2019
  4. rez001 Win User

cannot configure updates

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

cannot configure updates install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

cannot configure updates pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

cannot configure updates select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

cannot configure updates Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

cannot configure updates

1. cannot configure updates - Similar Threads - cannot configure updates

2. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows 10 x64 on an HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF pc with a bootable usb drive made with rufus on a UEFI pc. After getting though all of the options it eventually halts and displays the error message [Windows could not update the computer’s...
  3. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration: Hello, I have been trying to install Windows 10 x64 on an HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF pc with a bootable usb drive made with rufus on a UEFI pc. After getting though all of the options it eventually halts and displays the error message [Windows could not update the computer’s...
  4. Windows Cannot Update Computer’s Boot Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration

in Windows 10 News
    System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration: [ATTACH]If you are seeing System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, Boot Changes will be reverted, The handle is invalid error, then in this guide, we have a few solutions that are sure to help you fix the issue on your Windows 11...
  6. Updates configuration altered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates configuration altered: Today downloaded and installed 2004 ver 19041-450 and seems ATM that all is well . Query previous 1909 > settings > update > allowed to stall updates for 7 days or more and further option (advanced) to delay feature updates for up to 365days from memory? Running win 10 pro 64...
  7. Update configuration stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update configuration stuck: while installing update 2004 my computer got stuck with configuring windows 10 for ghe updates. I have been waiting for over a hour and the obly thing that happend, that my mouse is very laggy and moves very slow. Fast help would be nice since i don‘t want to shut down my pc...
  8. Cannot configure proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot configure proxy settings: Hello, I can't make changes to the proxy settings. I've searched for the problem and haven't come across any solutions. Here is the problem I'm facing: 1. Automatic proxy setup window, no changes. [ATTACH] 2. Turn on Use Setup Script and paste the proxy address,...
  9. IP address cannot be configured no internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP address cannot be configured no internet: This happened to my desktop computer a few months ago and didn't know what happened. My .Coworker suggested that maybe I needed a new I internet card for it since I wasn't able to access my wireless internet. Today on my laptop it came up and I had something come up and say...
  10. "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error: How can I fix this error? I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5), running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803...