Windows 10: Cannot connect 3 PCs

Discus and support Cannot connect 3 PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three PCs at home; these are FREYR - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit desktop, 192.168.1.90 FRIGGA - Win 10 Pro 32bit laptop - 192.168.1.224 LOKI - Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hillcf, Feb 2, 2019.

1. hillcf Win User

Cannot connect 3 PCs

I have three PCs at home; these are

FREYR - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit desktop, 192.168.1.90

FRIGGA - Win 10 Pro 32bit laptop - 192.168.1.224

LOKI - Win 10 Home 64bit - 192.168.1.226

All of these are running IPV4 and IPV6, are kept up to date with Microsoft and Norton updates. Both of the Win 10s are on 1803 with, as far as I can tell, the latest updates. The Win 7 is on SP1. I am not running a Homegroup and just rely on standard network connections.

Problem

FREYR - FRIGGA -- this works correctly, each can see the shares on the other system.

FREYR - LOKI -- Neither one can see the other, but they are IP visible with PING

FRIGGA - LOKI -- LOKI can see the share on FRIGGA, but FRIGGA cannot connect to LOKI.

When they fail, it is rapid with error code 0x80070035. Both the Win 10s have the SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing System enabled. I assume that the Win 7 is correctly set since FRIGGA can access it.

What have I missed???

:)

hillcf, Feb 2, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Cannot connect 3 PCs

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect 3 PCs

1. Cannot connect 3 PCs - Similar Threads - Cannot connect PCs

2. cannot see other pcs on network????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  3. 2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them

2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them: This seems to happen after updates. 1 PC has a printer that we can usually print to that from either PC. Currently they cannot see each other. no 1 will not change to turn on network discovery and current profile is private. won't turn on under public profile either number...
  4. Connecting PCs

Connecting PCs: I have two computers both running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. They are both on the same broadband router Network which connects with G4 as we have no land-line. I want to connect the computers but when I try I am asked for a username and password. I have never used a password for...
  5. New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network

New Win 10 PCs cannot see other PCs on network: I have 4 computers on a local private network. Previously these were 2 Windows 10 laptops which had been upgraded from Windows 7, 1 Windows 7 desktop and 1 Linux desktop. At that time all 4 computers could see every computer on the network and were set up so each could share...
  6. network 3 windows 10 pcs

network 3 windows 10 pcs: how do I network. they are all on an Ethernet connection to the same router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-3-windows-10-pcs/8396838e-5a98-4124-8bef-8ef3a422c3df
  7. Surface 3 LTE - Cannot connect with 4G mobile provider

Surface 3 LTE - Cannot connect with 4G mobile provider: Hi there, I have a Surface 3 LTE 4G/128GB and would like to enjoy the LTE feature in Singapore. MyCircles SIM card works fine, but not the TPG SIM card which is 4G. With the TPG SIM, I get "No Service". Network diagnosis tells me that there's a SIM2 pin that I need to...
  8. Windows 10 cannot connect to update service - sympathetic failure on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot connect to update service - sympathetic failure on 2 PCs: I just started to get this error on a PC which previously was trouble free. The troubleshhoter gives nothing, and there's over 12GB free. I then noticed the same error on my brand new laptop. Both machines give the exact same error, and the exact same timestamp for when the...
  9. Connect 2 PCs wirelessly

Connect 2 PCs wirelessly: I am trying to get two PCs (both running Win 10) to talk to each other wirelessly. Both show they are paired one with the other but they will not connect. How do I get them to connect so I can use Wninows Explorer to see their respective files?...
  10. Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!

Laptop cannot connect with only one of my home PCs: I'm stumped!: Sigh. SOLVED. I'll leave my original post, below, with a strikethrough. Just after posting this (from "D"), I decided to poke at something else. Computer B had an issue the other day where it did not show banners from a website I wanted to allow banners. I use Kaspersky....