Windows 10: Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear

Discus and support Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to connect a wonderboom2 bluetooth speaker but it is no detected although I have opened it for pairing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeilBryant1, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear

I am trying to connect a wonderboom2 bluetooth speaker but it is no detected although I have opened it for pairing.

:)

NeilBryant1, Dec 26, 2020

2. Keeping devices from automatically connecting via Bluetooth

I've tried disabling the Bluetooth earlier and again following your suggestion

and offer that this is not a workable solution.

With, on my laptop, my Bose speakers and other devices are paired but not connected and the

Bluetooth is turned off, if the TV is on and connected (using) the Bose system, the laptop will

automatically connect to the speakers (disconnecting the TV) when Bluetooth is toggled on.

Given the above, I have to go through a convoluted routine anytime I want to connect to a device (printer, etc.) while the TV is on. Connecting, disconnecting, pairing, reconnecting, disconnecting, etc. etc. isn't a real solution.

Hopefully there's another approach or a real solution coming in the Windows 10 upgrade

that I understand is to be out this year.

Any thoughts??

Thomas-_-_, Dec 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

Hi, welcome to tenforums. Sorry to hear of your problem.

The forum prompted you to give your full Windows build number so we don't have to keep asking... thanks.

Please post screenshots similar to these:

Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear [​IMG]

Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear [​IMG]

I assume you mean the Bluetooth option in the first is missing, and the bluetooth tile is missing.

Example solved case (sounds similar): completely uninstall BT and reinstall:
    Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Have a look at the driver in the Device Manager- has it just been updated (would be in Update History too - at the bottom).
    Consider rolling the driver back: e.g.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-2bfe352778c4

Consider using the driver specified by your manufacturer rather than the one provided by Windows, as suggested here:
    Bluetooth On Off toggle Missing From Settings In Windows 10 Pro

You can then prevent that driver being updated using the appropriate tutorial from the Tutorial section.

You have given no details of your PC unfortunately.

dalchina, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear

Bluetooth device not appearing (appears under "hardware" in Bluetooth settings)

Hi Cbauta,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which device you are referring to, i.e, is it a phone device, computer or any other hardware device?

• Are you able to connect that Bluetooth device to any other computer?

I like to inform you that; since, you are able to pair all other Bluetooth device with your computer then it might be an issue with that device, which you are trying to connect.

If it a phone device, which you are trying to pair with your computer, then I suggest you to check if that Bluetooth setting is set as visible/discoverable. If not then set it to visible/ discoverable and then try connecting
    it again.

If it a Computer/PC then I suggest you download and install the latest Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Pair a Bluetooth device in Windows

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear

1. Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Bleutooth

2. Create per device Bluetooth auto-connect toggle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create per device Bluetooth auto-connect toggle.: Bluetooth Auto-connect is a nice feature. It problematically steals connection priorities away from my laptop if my computer fires up. There should be an option in windows to toggle whether or not a device auto-connects....
  3. Bluetooth does not appear in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth does not appear in settings: Yesterday my bluetooth was working fine. Today when I turned on my computer and went into bluetooth settings to reconnect my headphones. She said the bluetooth was off, but there was no switch to turn it back on. I opened the services and saw that all bluetooth related...
  4. Bluetooth does not appear in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth does not appear in settings: Yesterday my bluetooth was working fine. Today when I turned on my computer and went into bluetooth settings to reconnect my headphones. She said the bluetooth was off, but there was no switch to turn it back on. I opened the services and saw that all bluetooth related...
  5. Bluetooth does not appear in settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Toggle Locked on Off: I recently updated my Windows 10, and in the days since, my Bluetooth toogle has been locked in the off position. Whenever I try to turn Bluetooth on, it immediately turns off 1 second later as if it is locked on being switched off. What I've tried so far (with no success):...
  7. No Bluetooth on/off toggle

No Bluetooth on/off toggle: No Bluetooth on off toggle @ no Bluetooth setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bluetooth-onoff-toggle/13700816-b2b1-4c76-aabf-bba82437680a
  8. No bluetooth on/off toggle in Bluetooth & other devices window.

No bluetooth on/off toggle in Bluetooth & other devices window.: I bought a Bluetooth adapter for my Windows 10 Acer laptop. Successfully loaded software from disc and when I plug in the adapter it is recognised and listed in the 'Bluetooth & Other Devices' devices column. However, when I try to connect to a Bluetooth speaker nothing...
  9. Intel Bluetooth Disconnecting Loop - Missing Toggle On/Off switch - Cannot Connect to...

Intel Bluetooth Disconnecting Loop - Missing Toggle On/Off switch - Cannot Connect to...: Hi, I have a Windows 10 PC and I'm having an issue with the 'Intel Wireless Bluetooth' device consistently, repetitiously disconnecting every 2 seconds, making that annoying disconnect sound over and over and over only for it to reappear again over and over. When I go into...
  10. Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager

Cannot access Bluetooth / It does not appear in Device Manager: I've been having trouble the last couple of days since updating my laptop with my Bluetooth cutting out and disconnecting my wireless headphones. Today I restarted my laptop and Bluetooth has just vanished. When I go to Bluetooth & other devices in Settings I see this....