Windows 10: Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC

Discus and support Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Bluetooth icon is not displaying for me to be able to add new devices. I've tried to update the driver responsible for it, updated windows and above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonathan Abayie Boahene, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC

My Bluetooth icon is not displaying for me to be able to add new devices. I've tried to update the driver responsible for it, updated windows and above all the technical support had remote access to my laptop but were not able solve the problem. And here for assistance to fix it. When I try to add a device from settings, the response I get is in the picture below. Thanks for your help.

Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC 70ffe1c4-b311-444c-8aee-07b9dbdd2026?upload=true.png

***Original title: Bluetooth***

:)

Jonathan Abayie Boahene, Nov 14, 2018

2. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 14, 2018
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Nov 14, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC

1. Cannot connect bluetooth devices to PC - Similar Threads - Cannot connect bluetooth

2. Cannot connect working bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect working bluetooth device: I have bluetooth headphones, and although they connect to one of my windows 10 laptops, it will not connect to another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-working-bluetooth-device/b5adcb93-baf5-4d80-a721-308937535948
  3. Cannot connect working bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect working bluetooth device: I have bluetooth headphones, and although they connect to one of my windows 10 laptops, it will not connect to another. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-working-bluetooth-device/b5adcb93-baf5-4d80-a721-308937535948
  4. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect: Hello, recently my bluetooth has been acting up, it will pair to my devices and is able to discover them however when i try to connect to the devices i am met with the promt "that didnt work make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable and try again". There is no issue...
  5. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect: Hello, recently my bluetooth has been acting up, it will pair to my devices and is able to discover them however when i try to connect to the devices i am met with the promt "that didnt work make sure your bluetooth device is discoverable and try again". There is no issue...
  6. Bluetooth pairs to device but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot connect bluetooth device to computer

Cannot connect bluetooth device to computer: I am not able to connect my bluetooth device Taotronics SoundLiberty 53 earbuds to my laptop Windows 10 home, x64 AMD, new. First of all earbuds connect with my phone and other phones/laptosps with no problems. Also my computer has no problems with connecting to other...
  8. Cannot connect any bluetooth devices to PC

Cannot connect any bluetooth devices to PC: My problem is as the title states and I am on Windows 10 64 bit. I connect to bluetooth using the onboard wifi+bluetooth on my motherboard. When I go to my Device settings, all I see under my saved bluetooth devices is "Bluetooth is turned off" which was weird to me because...
  9. Cannot connect device by Bluetooth

Cannot connect device by Bluetooth: my laptop is not appearing or not responding to connect the devices by Bluetooth * Moved from Insider * Original title: about Bluetooth * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  10. Cannot Pair/Connect Bluetooth Devices

Cannot Pair/Connect Bluetooth Devices: ^Title. Headphones work fine while connecting to other devices, (phone, a different computer)However, this computer can't connect to any bluetooth devices. Upon running Toubleshoot>Bluetooth Devices, It tells me that the bluetooth radio wasn't enabled, and enabled it. And...