Windows 10: Cannot connect game controller to windows 10 using bluetooth

Discus and support Cannot connect game controller to windows 10 using bluetooth in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought an SN30 Pro controller. It is functioning correctly as when I connect with Bluetooth using my laptop it works fine. However, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThorgMan, Jul 9, 2020.

1. ThorgMan Win User

Cannot connect game controller to windows 10 using bluetooth

I bought an SN30 Pro controller. It is functioning correctly as when I connect with Bluetooth using my laptop it works fine. However, when I try to connect using my desktop the option to connect will appear on the Bluetooth connection screen after I add a device. But it will not connect when I click connect, it loads and then fails. I am using a USB Bluetooth receiver as my original Bluetooth adapter stopped working. So I disabled it and I only use the USB one now. I update drivers frequently and I can connect other things fine like my Air pods. Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

ThorgMan, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 9, 2020
  3. WIndows 10 cannot connect to a bluetooth headset.

Hello Mike,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your headset and Bluetooth dongle?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps posted on this article
    to resolve Bluetooth connection issues in Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 9, 2020
  4. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot connect game controller to windows 10 using bluetooth - Similar Threads - Cannot connect game

2. Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter: I recently changed my motherboard to a system that doesn't have built in Bluetooth, so I purchased a USB Bluetooth adapter so I could connect my devices. Whenever I try connecting, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try...
  3. Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter: I recently changed my motherboard to a system that doesn't have built in Bluetooth, so I purchased a USB Bluetooth adapter so I could connect my devices. Whenever I try connecting, it says "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try...
  4. Cannot connect to Bluetooth on Windows 10 using adapter

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Xbox Elite controller cannot connect on Windows 10 bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite controller cannot connect on Windows 10 bluetooth: I'm not able to connect my XBox Elite Controller to Windows 10 through blue tooth.There is no problem with the regular Xbox controller, it finds and pairs immediately.The controller is updated.I have tried all the steps / suggestions I can find - but the controller still does...
  6. Xbox Elite controller cannot connect on Windows 10 bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Elite controller cannot connect on Windows 10 bluetooth: I'm not able to connect my XBox Elite Controller to Windows 10 through blue tooth.There is no problem with the regular Xbox controller, it finds and pairs immediately.The controller is updated.I have tried all the steps / suggestions I can find - but the controller still does...
  7. Xbox Elite controller cannot connect on Windows 10 bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Can't connect to Xbox Controller using Bluetooth

Can't connect to Xbox Controller using Bluetooth: Hi Windows Forum, I can't connect to my Xbox Wireless Controller using my Bluetooth adapter on my computer any longer since I've updated its firmware to 4.8.1923.0. I've tried connecting the controller to my Laptop which worked without any problems. Connecting other...
  9. Windows 10 Bluetooth Connection with Ps4 Controller

Windows 10 Bluetooth Connection with Ps4 Controller: I play video games regularly and I use a ps4 controller to play them. I use a bluetooth usb adapter to connect the ps4 controller to my pc, however, I always have to go into settings, click " remove device" from the pc, then connect with bluetooth and type in the four digit...
  10. Bluetooth game controller won't connect

Bluetooth game controller won't connect: Hello. I got a chinese brand game controller, it's a JYS NS126. I can connect it with wires no problem, it appears as a xbox 360 controller. But when I try to conect it with bluetooth it does not work. Windows finds it, it pairs with the name of Pro Controller, but after the...