Windows 10: Cannot connect gmail to windows 10

Discus and support Cannot connect gmail to windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot connect gmail to windows 10. I've viewed youtube videos and several "help" sequences. Nothing works. Help please. Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KTurner7, Jun 9, 2021.

1. KTurner7 Win User

Cannot connect gmail to windows 10

I cannot connect gmail to windows 10. I've viewed youtube videos and several "help" sequences. Nothing works. Help please. Thank you

:)

KTurner7, Jun 9, 2021
  2. tcman50 Win User

How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?

I have been working for hours to try and figure out how to link my gmail account to outlook in windows 10, everything looks correct, username, password, 2 step verification turned off on gmails end, pop mail enabled on gmails end and yet all I get time after time is incorrect login and password identification.

Even weirder, is on on occasion it will actually connect the gmail account to outlook in windows 10 but I can only send messages from gmail and not receive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC

tcman50, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Cannot connect gmail to windows 10

Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Cannot connect gmail to windows 10

1. Cannot connect gmail to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect gmail

2. cannot reply to a gmail email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot reply to a gmail email: I receive messages from people with gmail but when I reply using Windows 10 Mail it bounces backYour message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to accept it the error message is reproduced below. This type of erroris usually due to a mis-configured...
  3. Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail: I have been setting up WIndows 11 in a new computer. I had not creating an account for my hotmail - but not so for my gmail address. I go to add the account, click on Google, give my email address and password, allow the list of things Mail needs click Next. Mail says it is...
  4. Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail

Windows 11 Mail not connecting to gmail: I have been setting up WIndows 11 in a new computer. I had not creating an account for my hotmail - but not so for my gmail address. I go to add the account, click on Google, give my email address and password, allow the list of things Mail needs click Next. Mail says it is...
  5. Cannot access gmail?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot access gmail?: For about the last month whenever I open up the mail app I get the banner that says it can not access my gmail and to check the imap settings. Once I open the mail app it does show me all my email, however if the mail app is not open it does not show me when I have new mail....
  6. Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: 0x800CCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  7. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  8. How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    How to connect gmail to outlook in windows 10?: I have been working for hours to try and figure out how to link my gmail account to outlook in windows 10, everything looks correct, username, password, 2 step verification turned off on gmails end, pop mail enabled on gmails end and yet all I get time after time is incorrect...
  9. Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10

Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10: I've tried using the Mail app, Calendar app and the Settings > Accounts page. All have the same result - I see the Google login screen very briefly, then an error indicating that my network connectivity is bad (it's not), and once that is closed, I get an error code:...
  10. Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10: How to: Connect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 How to Connect or Disconnect Cortana to Gmail Account in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...