Windows 10: Cannot connect Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot connect Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The Microsoft Store got a message: "Something bad happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest" when I try to access. Please advise me how to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LaraCrawford, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Cannot connect Microsoft Store

The Microsoft Store got a message: "Something bad happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest" when I try to access.

Please advise me how to solve this?

Thanks.

:)

LaraCrawford, Nov 21, 2018

2. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Louie Del Win User

Cannot connect Microsoft Store

Microsoft Store Problem

Hi,

There are times that you’ll encounter an error that the account doesn’t exist if the account name was misspelled. It can also be related to a conflict that has occurred with the Store app. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you check this
    article for the steps that you can use.

Also, here are the troubleshoot steps that you can follow to isolate if the issue is with the Store app:

• Check for
      connection problem
    • Check if you have the correct time and location settings. Go to Settings
      > Time & Language.
    • Reset Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R keys to launch the run command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft and sign in.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect Microsoft Store

1. Cannot connect Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store & Account no connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store & Account no connection: I am so desperate to fix this problem. This problem was happened after I cloning my windows from HDD to SSD. The cloning process is fine, but until i wanted to download software from Microsoft Store it just pop up no connection. Another problem is my Microsoft Account can't...
  3. Cannot connect to internet Microsoft store win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to internet Microsoft store win 10: While connected to the internet I got a error message stating windows store cannot connect to the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-internet-microsoft-store-win-10/c083e481-2c99-4f35-a418-d09ad79f875f
  4. Cannot install DLC in microsoft store.

Cannot install DLC in microsoft store.: Hello, First of all I bought and can play State of Decay 2 without any problems. I enjoy it that much I want to buy the DLC's and when I bought the dlc 'State of Decay 2: Independence Pack' it gives me this message [ATTACH] When I look into my library it gives me this...
  5. unable to connect to microsoft store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to connect to microsoft store: I get a notice that I am not connected to the internet, and to check my connection. I AM connected to the internet but I can't get past that error message....
  6. Cannot Sign in to the Microsoft Store

Cannot Sign in to the Microsoft Store: I have a business laptop. When I attempt to sign in to the Microsoft Store with my business account, I get a message that says "That Microsoft account doesn't exist... When I attempt to sign in to the Microsoft Store with my personal account, I get the message "We...
  7. microsoft store cannot launch

microsoft store cannot launch: Hi, I have a troubleshooting that my Microsoft store cannot run in my windows 10, so I cannot open all my apps from there. Please help me to solve it thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cannot-launch/250ddad4-39ae-4eb2-ab5d-57d92e71e163"
  8. Cannot Connect to Microsoft Store Help!!!!!!

Cannot Connect to Microsoft Store Help!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft Geeks Please ask some one in the know to give me back my access to the Microsoft Store. Thanking you in advance Frank de Villiers Oxford *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. Microsoft store not connecting to internet

Microsoft store not connecting to internet: I recently bought a new computer, Windows 10, and I didn't visit the windows store for a few weeks. I recently needed to get some stuff off the store, but whenever I would open an app, this error would come up: [ATTACH] It's been happening for a while and I have tried pretty...
  10. I cannot login to the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot login to the Microsoft Store: I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and I decided to add an app. I clicked on the store app and then picked the app I wanted and then clicked on Free. A menu came up that said choose account so I clicked on Microsoft Account and a screen popped up for about one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect to microsoft store

2. cannot connect to windows store

3. cannot connect to microsoft store windows 10