Windows 10: Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, in my settings, it says that I have Windows 10 Home activated, but I cannot hit add account to add an account to link. Windows came with my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tyler.Ahrens, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account

Hello, in my settings, it says that I have Windows 10 Home activated, but I cannot hit add account to add an account to link. Windows came with my pc in my motherboard, so I did not have a product key. I need to link the account because I just got a new motherboard, and thus, Windows 10 is not on that motherboard.

Thanks for your help!

-Tyler

:)

Tyler.Ahrens, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account

1. Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Microsoft

2. Cannot connect to my OneDrive account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to my OneDrive account.: Hallo, I am not able to connect to my OneDrive account any more. I have recently replace Microsoft Edge with Brave and my old gmail address with a protonmail address. I have also started using a VPN connection. Thank you for your support. * Moved from MSN* Original title:...
  3. I cannot log in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot log in to my Microsoft Account on Windows 10: I know the password off by heart and yet when a previous person on here suggested I log out I now cannot log back in, despite knowing the password and having it stored in a secure location. I have now changed it when I did not want to and wrote down the new password....
  4. Connect my Minecraft account to my Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Connect my Minecraft account to my Microsoft account: I just purchased the Windows 10 version of Minecraft from the Windows Store and I found out that it's not the Java version. I would like to switch my version of Minecraft but I cant do that from the Windows 10 app. How do I fix this?...
  5. Connecting my ps4 to my Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Connecting my ps4 to my Microsoft account: I have tried to connect my ps4 to my Microsoft account and every time it says something went wrong but in my phone it says it was all fine This is unrelated to xbox...
  6. Can't connect my Microsoft account to my PC Windows 10

Can't connect my Microsoft account to my PC Windows 10: Hello, I am experiencing problems connecting my Microsoft account to my computer, both from the settings and from an Office application.I can enter my email address and password, then I encounter two scenarios: in the first, the login window asks me to wait endlessly, and...
  7. Cannot connect my Microsoft account to my PS4 account for Minecraft Bedrock Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect my Microsoft account to my PS4 account for Minecraft Bedrock Edition: So today the Bedrock Edition of Minecraft was finally released on PS4, which means cross play is now on PS4. Being excited for this, i had my Minecraft updated and too cross play it has you tie a microsoft too your PS4 account so you can cross play. I tied my Microsoft...
  8. Cannot connect my Microsoft Account?!

Cannot connect my Microsoft Account?!: I cannot connect my school account to my laptop. I tried removing the account and then re-adding it. That did nothing. One post in another thread mentioned editing something in the computer files which I definitely did not want to do (last time I did something like that it...
  9. Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account: I have windows 10 pro running on my older pc which is activated using microsoft account digital license but now I have bought a new laptop but the retailer has installed an non-activated copy of windows 10 pro in it. now am trying to activate using my Microsoft account but...
  10. [FIXED] Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account

[FIXED] Cannot connect my Windows 10 to my Microsoft account: Hello, in my settings, it says that I have Windows 10 Home activated, but I cannot hit add account to add an account to link. Windows came with my pc in my motherboard, so I did not have a product key. I need to link the account because I just got a new motherboard, and thus,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot link microsoft account

2. i cannot connect to my windows account