Windows 10: Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot

Discus and support Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i am not able to connect my laptop to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot I was first able to connect to my wifi but all of a sudden it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbhishekBN, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot

Hi i am not able to connect my laptop to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot I was first able to connect to my wifi but all of a sudden it says no internet when I tried to connect phone to my wifi it says connected and i was able to use it. I tried restarting and everything but still no use please tell me the solution.

:)

AbhishekBN, Oct 2, 2020

2. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Oct 2, 2020
  3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 2, 2020
  4. TSee Win User

Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet is working fine on the computer and the mobile hotspot is enabled. See screenshot. What could have happened? I didn't make any changes to the wifi settings but there is someone else who has access to this computer who may have done something mysterious! Unlikely though.
    Thanks in advance Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot :)

TSee, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot

1. Cannot connect my windows to wifi but it will connect to my mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Cannot connect wifi

2. Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected To Mobile Hotspot But No Connection: Hi, I know this question has been asked a few times but I have not been able to find a solution among them. I can enable my mobile hotspot and connect devices to it, but they do not get any internet connection, I've been able to use mobile hotspot in the past week on this...
  3. Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..: Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-my-mobiles-wifi-hotspot-to-my/cf99fadf-79fa-4533-ba23-2adcecc5c667
  4. Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop..: Not able to connect my mobile's WiFi hotspot to my laptop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-connect-my-mobiles-wifi-hotspot-to-my/cf99fadf-79fa-4533-ba23-2adcecc5c667
  5. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  6. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  7. Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot: My laptop connects to mobile hotspot and WiFi sharing but not to WiFi. I can see my WiFi connection but when I try connecting, I get the error "Can't Connect to this network". I have been able to connect to this network till a few days back. I have tried the following...
  8. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  9. Devices cannot connect to my Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10

Devices cannot connect to my Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10: Previously when I switched on the Mobile Hotspot feature, devices like my phone could connect to it and access the internet through the hotspot. however, after unknowingly fiddling with some settings which I could not remember, now devices cannot connect to the Hotspot. Can...
  10. Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot

Cannot connect to sign-in Wifi unless on Mobile Hotspot: Hello, in brief, I'm staying in an apartment where there is a sign-in network. When trying to connect it should open up the browser and ask for a username and password. So auto connect is out! The issue is that when i try to connect after each reboot it simply wont...