Windows 10: Cannot connect onto my homegroup

Discus and support Cannot connect onto my homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set up a Homegroup on two laptops which use Windows 10 and both connect to the Homegroup. However, neither will display any computers on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by meltonpieman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Cannot connect onto my homegroup

I have set up a Homegroup on two laptops which use Windows 10 and both connect to the Homegroup. However, neither will display any computers on the Homegroup.

I have tried all sorts of things but all I seem to get from the Homegroup trouble shooter is that there are network problems. I have tried changing the advanced sharing options on both laptops to:

1. Turn on network discovery and ticking automatic setup ....
    2. Turn on file and printer sharing
    3. Allow windows to manage ....

Then clicking save changes.

When I go back into the screen the radio button that I selected for turn on network discovery has been deselected and the turn off button selected. Nothing seems to make any difference!

I am lost now, can anyone help?

David

:)

meltonpieman, Jan 1, 2016

2. Homegroup corruption by Windows 10?

Since loading windows 10 onto both of my computers my Homegroup has ceased to function. The password is no longer recognised from one computer but the system still acts as if the Homegroup exists and asks for it. From the computer that originally set it
    up it also asks for the password but then says the Homegroup cannot be found, How do I resolve this?

I have already tried the Homegroup troubleshooter several times without success. It basically says it cannot find the Homegroup yet both computers are still asking for passwords......

Mr.McGregor, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unable to start HomeGroup Dependency Services

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I did a clean boot and ran HomeGroup and Network troubleshooter. Troubleshooting messages were:

"You are not connected to a homegroup" -- not fixed

"HomeGroup provider service isn't running" -- not fixed

HomeGroup settings are incorrect -- fixed

I was hopeful, but I still cannot connect.

I checked my advanced homegroup settings, and now cannot turn on network discovery. When I click it on and save changes, it reverts to "turn off network discovery."

Any suggestions?

HummerBird, Jan 1, 2016
  4. Cannot connect onto my homegroup

It is a bug of Windows 10. A lot of people are talking about that in foruns. I have tryied all possible solutions. Nothing work. I had to downgrade to Windows 8, till Microsoft wake up.

persiomenezes, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

Cannot connect onto my homegroup

1. Cannot connect onto my homegroup - Similar Threads - Cannot connect onto

2. Cannot put apps onto my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot put apps onto my desktop?: I'm on windows 11, and I'm aware that you cannot drag and drop to the task bar anymore, however I cannot put any apps onto my desktop either?The only apps my computer will allow to be on desktop at the moment are, Office, Google Chrome, and Origin. I used to use windows...
  3. Missing Homegroup connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Homegroup connectivity: I lost my homegroup connection from my Desktop after recent update. How to enable back homegroup. My desktop also running on Win10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/missing-homegroup-connectivity/474bea9e-4d2d-4027-a6be-e98b9da0d671
  4. can't connect to the homegroup

can't connect to the homegroup: Hello! At home we have 4 PCs, I used to share file using homegroups without any issues. just three days ago, I had to reinstall the windows on an HP Mini, and after that it couldn't connect to the homegroup, instead it says Create a homegroup. I have tried: -to clean the...
  5. Cannot connect Homegroup after the latest patch

Cannot connect Homegroup after the latest patch: After the Anniversary update on our two PCs, I find that Homegroup will not connect the two. One is running Pro 64-bit and the other runs Home 32-bit. I can leave the Homegroup on my PC (Pro) and on the other. Then I create a new Homegroup on my PC and get the password....
  6. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  7. Cannot setup Homegroup

Cannot setup Homegroup: Hi everyone a few weeks back I shot myself in the foot by leaving the homegroup on all four of my machines. I did not realise that they were still subject to the set password, although I had left. The password remains valid and I have NO clue what the password was.*Redface...
  8. Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home

Cannot connect to HOMEGROUP on Win 10 Pro or Home: Back in Win 7, I had my wife's Home PC networked to my Pro PC to share files, etc, through 'Homegroup'. I upgraded to Win 10 on both PCs and now cannot send files from one PC to another. I tried to 'join' Homegroup but I cannot remember the original password. If I...
  9. Cannot join HomeGroup

Cannot join HomeGroup: I have two computers, my desktop and my laptop which is a Lenovo T520 Thinkpad. My laptop is connected to a D-Link Smart switch via Cat 7 which is connected to my router as well as my desktop. I originally created a Home group on my desktop and then went to Home group on my...
  10. Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup

Cannot create a new homegroup due to a no longer existing homegroup: Hi there! I've just upgraded my husband PC from Windows 7 to 10. Everything went well except that I can no longer connect to the network. After some attempt, I chose to delete all homegroup to create a new one. All right on my husband's computer (leave the homegroup),...