Windows 10: Cannot connect to 5 GHz

Discus and support Cannot connect to 5 GHz in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KerryDeacon, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Cannot connect to 5 GHz

I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it should support this but I have no option under the properties tab, only 2.4. I have checked on the command prompt and I should be able to get 5 GHz but I cannot work out what is going wrong here? Could you please help as my connection is extremely slow!?

:)

KerryDeacon, Jun 23, 2020
  2. todd24 Win User

5 ghz network takes forever to connect

my 2.4 ghz connection would connect instantly when i boot my computer... but it takes about 5 minutes for windows to connect to my 5ghz connection... whats causing it?

i checked and the 5ghz connection doesnt show up on the list of wireless connections for the first five minutes after booting my computer... also it seems windows has made two types of connections, one is called Wi-Fi and the other one is called Wi-Fi3... what gives?

todd24, Jun 23, 2020
  3. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz

KyleSchmidt1, Jun 23, 2020
  4. DGK75 Win User

Cannot connect to 5 GHz

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ.

DGK75, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot connect to 5 GHz

1. Cannot connect to 5 GHz - Similar Threads - Cannot connect GHz

2. Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet: I recently purchased a new PC and a new network adapter TP-link Archer T2U Plus and whenever I try to connect to my 5GHz mobile network it doesn't work but 2,4 GHz works. I have tried differrent solutions but to no avail....
  3. Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect my PC to 5 GHz internet: I recently purchased a new PC and a new network adapter TP-link Archer T2U Plus and whenever I try to connect to my 5GHz mobile network it doesn't work but 2,4 GHz works. I have tried differrent solutions but to no avail....
  4. Ethernet connection appearing as 5 GHz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection appearing as 5 GHz: My ethernet connection suddenly appeared as being a 5 GHz connection after a windows update and does not work. I am able to use WiFi but not ethernet. I know it is not the cable as it works on other devices. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  5. Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz: Hello! I really need help here. I'm trying to use 5G on my mobile phone's hotspot, but it keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz. I event went to device manager and changed preffered band to 5 ghz, but my computer keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz, and it's really slow. Help? I even checked...
  6. Wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update

Wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update: hello I have 2 computers working with 5 Ghz wifi, the first one is working fine, the second the wifi 5 ghz connection slower than 2,4 ghz since windows 10 update, I have theh fiber normally 500 mbps, but now only 50 mbps on 5 ghz and 150 mbps on 2,4 ghz I have updated the...
  7. WiFi 5 ghz connection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi 5 ghz connection issue: My laptop doesn’t want to connect to 5 GHZ network. I run Dell Inspiron 3521laptop with Windows 10 and a DW WLan card. It can only connect to 2.4 GHz...
  8. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....
  9. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62
  10. 5 ghz network takes forever to connect

5 ghz network takes forever to connect: my 2.4 ghz connection would connect instantly when i boot my computer... but it takes about 5 minutes for windows to connect to my 5ghz connection... whats causing it? i checked and the 5ghz connection doesnt show up on the list of wireless connections for the first five...